PDA

View Full Version : Firewall Issue - Someone please help!

Mens Rea
08-26-2005, 10:01 PM
Hey guys,

Does anyone know how to set up a direct connection to a home PC to allow me to connect to an online poker site? A firewall is blocking my connection currently. I have PC Anywhere but no clue how to use it. The home computer is constantly connected to cable internet. Anyone help?

StevieG
08-26-2005, 10:41 PM
The default ports for PC Anywhere are 5631 and 5632.

You need to configure your Firewall to allow incoming communication on that port.

Are you using the Windows firewall? If so, open the port this way: go to Settings > Control Panel > Network Connections

Click on Change Windows Firewall settings. If "Don't allow exceptions" is checked, uncheck it. Then proceed to the "Exceptions" tab. Use the "Add Port..." button to add 5631 and 5632. Open 5631 for TCP and 5632 for UDP. If you know the range of addresses you will connect from, you will be better off changing the scope to allow those addresses only.

Let us know how it turns out.

smoore
08-27-2005, 12:32 PM
if you are trying to connect from work (where you don't control the firewall) to your home PC (where you have complete control), you can run VNC (PC anywhere type of software) on port 80 on your home PC. Port 80 is the default port for HTTP access so work doesn't block it. VNC is free and fairly "secure".