PDA

View Full Version : Fim River Bluffs at PLO? 5/10

fimbulwinter
08-26-2005, 09:38 PM
been playing a lot of plo and playing a lot tighter up front and a little looser on the button. results are mighty swell. thanks for the advice guys.

5 handed 5/10

villain (2700) opens utg (this is rare) for 35, i (cover) call on button with A/images/graemlins/heart.gifJ/images/graemlins/spade.gifT/images/graemlins/spade.gif9/images/graemlins/club.gif one blind too.

A/images/graemlins/spade.gifK/images/graemlins/spade.gif5/images/graemlins/heart.gif (~100)

check, bet 100, i call, blind folds

9/images/graemlins/heart.gif (~300)

check, bet 300, call

T/images/graemlins/heart.gif (~900)

bet 500, i raise pot

fim

Lafortezza
08-26-2005, 10:21 PM
What info have you on UTG? And what's his likely image of you?

If he's fairly tight and predictable then I like the river raise, which was definitely helped by the river ten being a heart. Although I think you probably will get a call from a hand like KKQJ, AKQJ, remember UTG has potted it all the way so far. He might just not believe you hit the running hearts.

joewatch
08-26-2005, 10:58 PM
Just a thought here - at this level, aren't you more likely to get called if you raise full pot, and less likely to get called if you raise less than full pot?

Jorge10
08-26-2005, 11:24 PM
Min raise I say, or raise like your trying to get payed off, full pot could work, but still its a running flush hard to believe you are probably getting called.

fimbulwinter
08-27-2005, 01:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Min raise I say, or raise like your trying to get payed off, full pot could work, but still its a running flush hard to believe you are probably getting called.

[/ QUOTE ]

couldn't i do this with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gifJ/images/graemlins/spade.gifxx too?

fim

fimbulwinter
08-27-2005, 01:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Just a thought here - at this level, aren't you more likely to get called if you raise full pot, and less likely to get called if you raise less than full pot?

[/ QUOTE ]

in general for the game the standard is full pot or nothing at all except on some river VB's. since the crowd is a bunch of presumably winning 5/10 NLHEers we don't see much minraising etc.

fim

fimbulwinter
08-27-2005, 01:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What info have you on UTG? And what's his likely image of you?

If he's fairly tight and predictable then I like the river raise, which was definitely helped by the river ten being a heart. Although I think you probably will get a call from a hand like KKQJ, AKQJ, remember UTG has potted it all the way so far. He might just not believe you hit the running hearts.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think he's on a set >80% of the time when he pots two streets like this and if not he likely has all the draws sewn up like here he could maybe have AKQ/images/graemlins/spade.gif9/images/graemlins/spade.gif but i guess i don't see him raising that first in.

fim

08-28-2005, 07:24 AM
1. What was your plan for the river when you called the turn?
2. What if you hit a spade other than the queen on the turn or river?

As you played it, I like the river bluff, but I think the turn call is questionable. You can't raise, barely even call, if you spike a nine or ace. A spade won't make you much either, a pot bet at most and it has to come from him. But he'll have you beat a good percentage of the time he does that.

You should have been worrying about this already on the flop. You can't expect to make much if you hit your flush, even if you spike the royal. You were really shooting for a queen only, with the flush as a nice bonus in case he doesn't have it AND doesn't bet big when it comes.

Just my 2 cents, I'm by no means an expert (see hand I posted) but this hand, deep stacked, just smells like trouble. If the big bucks go in, he has it, not you (unless you hit the Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif AND he makes quads or a big boat). As it turned out, you wound up in a good spot to bluff because he couldn't have the nuts, but I don't see many other scenarios featuring you either havgin a big moneymaker or a good opportunity to bluff. Mostly, from the flop on, he'll have a hand that wants a big pot, whereas you'll want to keep it small. I don't like those hands, position or not.

Acesover8s
08-29-2005, 02:51 AM
Unless you know your opponent well, I don't like it. The combination of him betting the river, and it being a backdoor draw makes it likely that you're going to get called.

Sometimes it works and yuo look like a genius. And I imagine it worked in this spot, but alot of times the Q high flush makes a crying call.

PS What are his UTG raising standards? I'd have a hard time not raising this flop.

fimbulwinter
08-30-2005, 06:14 AM
well, it worked and i thought i was awesome. obvioulsy im not as good at omaha as i thought i was. thanks for the responses guys.

fim