PDA

View Full Version : QQ out of position against strong aggresive player 6max Party 2-4

Durer
08-26-2005, 08:06 PM
Me and Villain has been at the table for quite some while now and we have been tangling in some big pots post flop, He is able to play back at my Tag/Lag play.

He hasn´t done anything special in a while when he raises to 16 utg, everybody folds to me in the SB and I want room post flop so i just call with my QQ( wrong? ) and the BB folds. I have 416 and Villain covers me. HU to flop

Flop 10/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif ( 36$ )

I check, he bets 34, i reraise to 90, He minraises to 112???

wtf does he hold that plays like this and what do I do?

edit: I should add that I think villain thinks I am capable of doing the same raise with any pocket or any piece of the board which i think I also am.

gol4pro
08-26-2005, 11:26 PM
First off, not reraising preflop is horrible if you plan on folding a T high rainbow flop.

66 seems to be out of his hand range by raising UTG. Same with 22.

This seems to leave AA/KK/JJ/TT/ATs.

His initial flop bet pretty much gives you nothing. Seems like a standard CB.

The min. raise after the CR is really where we narrow his hand range though. Personally, I don't see JJ playing this hand like that on the flop. JJ would probably either just call the CR, or 3 bet heavily-- into the 200 range.

Given the min. 3 bet, I'd say his 3 most likely holding in order are a) TT, b)AA, c) KK.

Unless he would do this with air, this would seem to be a call, then re-evaluate on the turn. I think you're probably folding most non-Q turns though.

radioheadfan
08-27-2005, 01:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. This kind of thinking will leave you with empty pockets.

Durer
08-27-2005, 07:29 AM
i think I maybe screw up my subject or was unclair, by strong i dont mean he just play strong hands but have balls and can play the player and situation and board

kagame
08-27-2005, 07:36 AM
there are no draws, and that narrows his range immensely; based upon your description of his level of play a noncoord board like this allows for bluffs

hes saying i have TPTK beat

now that means youre beating JJ if you believe him, thus you should probably fold

he MIGHT lay down overpair hands here if you move in

08-27-2005, 07:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I check, he bets 34, i reraise to 90, He minraises to 112???

[/ QUOTE ]

If you raised him 56, shouldnt his minraise be 56 more making it 146?

Here's what the minraise looks like to me. Since he has position on you, if he held a set I think he would just smooth call your flop CR with the intention of letting you lead the turn and raise you there.
If he held KK or AA, I can see him minraising your CR to find out the strength of your hand.
Also I think the possible hands that you beat, A 10 and JJ would just call your CR and re-evaluate after seeing how you act on the turn.

If he thinks you're trying to make a move on him with air he may do that with AK too.

Most likely holding imo is KK followed by AA followed by something like AK.

Durer
08-27-2005, 09:43 AM
the minraise was with 112 to 146 sry... I see your point with the set but he is trixy so he might do it with the set

how about calling and half pot it plus a couple of bucks maybe if not a 10, J, A, K comes because I think he still might hold a pocket, piece of the board or a AK? problem is that is about half my remaining stack

Leroy Soesman
08-27-2005, 12:22 PM
i don't think your preflop QQ call here is that wrong. you might do it to regain the initiative and to allow yourself to reraise with a wider range of hands later in the game (to isolate perhaps).

other than that I would personally reraise to 120 instead of ninety (giving him almost 2,5/3 - 1 on his call), I don't see him reraising here with a hand stronger than your queens (especially given your read of him).

It is a weird move given this very uncoordinated board, and that might be an argument for him having a strong hand. However, people are usually very keen on getting payed of on monsters. Without any further information I'd either push or call and hope he bluffs off any more chips on the turn.

warlockjd
08-27-2005, 01:30 PM
Make it 64 preflop and fold to a push. If he just calls, after the flop you are going to have to play poker OOP.

As played, we do not have enough info. You have not defined your hand preflop, so he may or may not give QQ much credence when assigning you a hand range.

We also don't know his preflop %s which would help in determing his hand range.

Having said all that, as it was played, fold to the miniraise.

warlockjd
08-27-2005, 01:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

This seems to leave AA/KK/JJ/TT/ATs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Strongly disagree. Villain sounds like a thinking tricky player, and this is 6max. His hand range includes all pocker pairs, AJo and up, JTs....etc etc etc

[ QUOTE ]
Given the min. 3 bet, I'd say his 3 most likely holding in order are a) TT, b)AA, c) KK.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed

[ QUOTE ]
Unless he would do this with air, this would seem to be a call, then re-evaluate on the turn. I think you're probably folding most non-Q turns though

[/ QUOTE ]

no, it's got to be a fold

warlockjd
08-27-2005, 01:42 PM
[quoteI check, he bets 34, i reraise to 90, He minraises to 112??? ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to raise this to at least 140 with your initial raise

Durer
08-28-2005, 08:07 AM
i called the flop bet since i didn´t think I could get called by a worst hand with a push and to maybe half pot bet a non- A,10, K, J turn

The turn was a jack I checked he pushed I folded He showed A /images/graemlins/heart.gif9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

looking back I think in this case against this opponent my biggest mistake was underrepresenting preflop but i dont really know. Thanks for replies / Durer (Dürer really)