PDA

View Full Version : What is this line? Auto Call?

lapoker17
08-26-2005, 07:47 PM
5/10 Live

UTG moron ($600) limps, I ($750) limp in MP w 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB ($800) makes it $60 (kind of a strong open for this table). UTG calls, I call.

I've seen SB raise KQo big UTG and make this same move out of the blinds with 66. Seems to overplay everything.

Flop ($190) is 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5 : /images/graemlins/heart.gif: 6 : /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Check, check, I bet $140.

SB looks at me for too long and says he's all in.

Does anyone play a made hand like this? Is this AK and AQ often enough to call. I would bet that flop hard with any over pair or set - seemed weird.

Anyone think his line actually means strength?

fimbulwinter
08-26-2005, 08:51 PM
i see two problems:

1. bad players love to c/r good hands

2. when you're right, you win somtimes. when you're wrong you lose often.

mmcd
08-27-2005, 04:29 AM
when you're right, you win somtimes. when you're wrong you lose often.

He has 6 outs against an overpair and 55, and 66,

AK, AQ, etc. has 6 outs against him. It's a wash.

Easy call getting better than 2-1 IMO.

fimbulwinter
08-27-2005, 04:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
when you're right, you win somtimes. when you're wrong you lose often.

He has 6 outs against an overpair and 55, and 66,

AK, AQ, etc. has 6 outs against him. It's a wash.

Easy call getting better than 2-1 IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

think hard about all the hands you missed in your analysis.

fim

mmcd
08-27-2005, 04:57 AM
A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and 99.

99 is the only hand that has you in real bad shape. You have 28% equity against and overpair w/o a diamond and 24% equity against an overpair with one or one of the bottom 2 sets. You are a coinflip against 2 diamond over cards and have 80% equity against offsuit overs. Against 99 you have 16% equity.

Even if you put him specifically on either 2 big diamonds or an overpair, it's still a call getting better than 2-1.

I'm assuming this guy couldn't have 87 here given the brief description and preflop action.

Edit: There is also some chance this guy has something like 44 and you're way ahead.

fimbulwinter
08-27-2005, 05:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and 99.

99 is the only hand that has you in real bad shape. You have 28% equity against and overpair w/o a diamond and 24% equity against an overpair with one or one of the bottom 2 sets. You are a coinflip against 2 diamond over cards and have 80% equity against offsuit overs. Against 99 you have 16% equity.

Even if you put him specifically on either 2 big diamonds or an overpair, it's still a call getting better than 2-1.

I'm assuming this guy couldn't have 87 here given the brief description and preflop action.

Edit: There is also some chance this guy has something like 44 and you're way ahead.

[/ QUOTE ]

you're assuming an even distribution of hands amongst those you listed. i think this is far from the case given the read and action.

that said, i am dumb and worked things out mentally with the wrong stack sizes. given 2:1 with likely 35-40% ish overall equity, we're not folding.

fim

creedofhubris
08-27-2005, 05:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you're assuming an even distribution of hands amongst those you listed. i think this is far from the case given the read and action.

that said, i am dumb and worked things out mentally with the wrong stack sizes. given 2:1 with likely 35-40% ish overall equity, we're not folding.

fim

[/ QUOTE ]

Our call is pretty marginal though.

SGS
08-27-2005, 05:37 AM
I think you gotta let this go because there is too good of chance that he is playing something that has you killed this strong.

SGS

kagame
08-27-2005, 07:48 AM
marginal calls are good for table image

lapoker17
08-27-2005, 08:04 AM
I folded.

And it still bothers me.

BTW, anyone think I should take a free one on the flop? Check behind felt weak.

riverboatking
08-27-2005, 08:30 AM
good fold.
btw...where was this?

ps. i don't think a check is so bad in this spot...by checking and seeing a turn you eliminate the possiblity of being CR by AK/AQ of diamonds.

switch it up and give yourself AK of diamonds out of position in this spot...what is your ideal play? thats right checkraise all-in on flop.
think about all those times you were so pissed when this same situation came up and it got checked around and your hand value went down the tubes when a black deuce rolled off on the turn...

lapoker17
08-27-2005, 08:53 AM
You must just be getting home from a session also...

It was at HP - my new default weekday game due to proximity.

I'll probably hit Commerce tomorrow if you're around.