PDA

View Full Version : Betting on the end

Jorge10
08-26-2005, 06:38 PM
Whats the deal with people betting on the flop when 7 people take a flop and everyone checks so the guy on the button bets with nothing. It keeps happening, but ive been thinking is it a bad move? I mean from what I have seen it most of the time they seem to get reraised, but every once in a while it works, but I dont keep track of this, maybe im only looking at bad hands, which can happen.

Im just wondering is it a bad move? Is it a bad move to bet when 6 people check to you in a pot where 7 took a flop? Just wondering...

08-26-2005, 06:41 PM
What kind of a game are you playing in where 7 people are taking a flop on a regular basis? Raise preflop.

Wake up CALL
08-26-2005, 06:44 PM
If it works at least one out of seven times the situation would seem to be profitable.

Jorge10
08-26-2005, 09:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What kind of a game are you playing in where 7 people are taking a flop on a regular basis? Raise preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

PLO8 usually 5-7 people take a flop when no one raises, most omaha games are flop games, big family pots are the norm, raising preflop doesnt always happen cause you know its not like holdem that one hand has a big edge over others and if no one has a particularly big hand theres a ton of players.