PDA

View Full Version : Please help b4 my boss see's this!!!

08-26-2005, 06:16 PM
Im here on my computer at work, when I go to internet explorer and then go to "tools" it says partypoker and I CANT get rid of it. Please help b4 my boss sees this, thanks in advance!!!

hedxcold
08-26-2005, 06:26 PM
i think tools -> manage add ons then deleting it or disabling it should do it

08-26-2005, 06:39 PM
Im on windows 2000 professional... I Cant find what your talking about. If my boss sees this im in a lot of trouble. Yes i should have thought about it before I downloaded a poker site. Please help, my options are
Mail and news
Synchonize
Windows update
PartyPoker
AOL Toolbar
Yahoo messanger
Internet options

Please help, thanks!!

null
08-26-2005, 06:43 PM
Try right clicking near the icon, selecting customize, and removing it (though it will still show as an option when customizing, this is a quick fix so it won't show up immediately).

08-26-2005, 06:46 PM
Null it WONT let me right-click. I dont know why. I deserve this for playing poker at work, but im gonna lose my job if he sees this... Again im on windows 2000 pro. thx for trying to help /images/graemlins/frown.gif

IHateKeithSmart
08-26-2005, 07:05 PM
Bah, you slacker /images/graemlins/blush.gif Go to View/Toolbars/Customize. Then remove the PartyPoker button. Also, uninstall the software.

greenage
08-27-2005, 01:33 PM
Found this and it worked for me (Windows XP w/IE 6):

controlmind: Thanks, but that's not what I was referring to. I was referring to an item in the tools drop down menu.

I e-mailed Party Poker to ask for help, and they replied a few minutes later with the following:

Dear Player,

TO DELETE PARTYPOKER.COM FROM THE ýOPTIONSý MENU ITEM IN THE ýMENU BARý OF IE.

1. Click on "Start"
2. Select run and enter "regedit"
3. Click on (+) "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE"
4. Click on the (+) sign next to "SOFTWARE"
5. Click on the (+) sign next to "Microsoft"
6. Click on the (+) sign next to "Internet Explorer"
7. Click on the (+) sign next to "Extensions"
8. Search for the folder which contains the value "MenuText REG_SZ Partypoker.com" in the right side pane and delete that particular folder.

It worked!!!!

Thanks to everyone who replied...

From here (http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=70168)

08-29-2005, 09:21 AM
thank you very much for your help, all of you. Green I would have NEVER been able to figure that out, but it worked. Thanks again.