PDA

View Full Version : Two weird plays against LAGs

DavidC
08-26-2005, 06:11 PM
This guy's really really crazy. He's raised me on the flop with bottom pair before, but more importantly, he's put in a bunch of action with hands that are quite far from the nuts against me, and his vpip/pfr/ag is something like 40/20/2 after 50 hands.

Re PF: I figured my strategy in this hand is to make a pair higher than his or outkick him, and then beat him to death with his own shoes.

On the flop, I think I can scrape up enough odds here to chase a gutter. The blinds are fishy types (LPP and SLPP), so I'm hoping that they won't be checkraising here.

-----

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, BB folds.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks.

River: (3.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 3.50 BB

--------------------------------------

This one I think I screwwed up...

---

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>.

-------------------

The limper is, after 35 hands, 69 vpip, 6 pfr, and _67_ wsd. This is important...

Now the SB in this hand is someone who I THINK I'd like to tangle with: he's something like 35 vpip, 20 pfr, and 1.18 ag. He's OOP against me, and he's tried to river checkraise me once with the nut straight (I was betting a middle pair, so I took a FSD instead). I don't have much else to go on at this point, as I've been reading OOT instead of paying attention to the game. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

The BB is TAN. 16/6/1.6 but only after like 30 hands.

--------------------------

In hand #2, I think these are the things that we should be thinking about:

Chance to drop the BB (we want to).

Chance to drop the SB (we don't really want to).

Chance to increase folding equity (only possible vs bb and maybe sb).

Chance that the SB is willing to call a raise anyways.

---

While we don't want to let the BB in for free and hit a random 2pr with 92o, this isn't going to happen very often, and hands like 92o will be vulnerable to counterfeit if we actually get something we want to show down.

Anyways, I THINK I should have called here, but I'm not sure... comments?

magates
08-26-2005, 07:19 PM
Hand #1:

My response seems pretty obvious, but I'll comment because maybe I'm missing something /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Pre-flop: That's a pretty loose call vs. any player with the blinds yet to act isn't it? I wouldn't play Q9o here.

Flop: I'd fold this. The pot's giving you 5 to 1, and you're drawing to a non-nut inside straight on a 2-flush board with no overcards.

DavidC
08-26-2005, 07:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hand #1:

My response seems pretty obvious, but I'll comment because maybe I'm missing something /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Pre-flop: That's a pretty loose call vs. any player with the blinds yet to act isn't it? I wouldn't play Q9o here.

[/ QUOTE ]

You very well may be correct. I can't remember ever limping on the button with q9o in a full ring game in my life, before this hand. I'm looking for a comment on this specifically.

[ QUOTE ]

Flop: I'd fold this. The pot's giving you 5 to 1, and you're drawing to a non-nut inside straight on a 2-flush board with no overcards.

[/ QUOTE ]

I won't say that the pot is offering me 5:1, as I'm probably going to get a call from at least one of the two guys behind on this board... probably more like 6:1.

I need 10.5:1.

Then if I hit my J, AQ beats me, and if I hit Jd, a flush beats me, or a flush card has a redraw. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

This could have been a -EV call... I'm not sure, but it's possible.

If I hit Jc or something like that, I have to get 3bb in the pot for this to become +EV, and I'd prefer to get 4-6bb in there, to get a payday out of the hand and to compensate for potential equity that people may have on the river card.

I.E. if someone has a diamond, and they're not folding the turn, and I have a straight, and they'll call the river with that diamond, then when I hit, I have to get a lot of bets in there in order to make up for their having that flush draw.

08-26-2005, 07:55 PM
I've would have folded the first hand. The chance someone else paired is too big with two broadway cards imo and with 1-5 odds its a fold. The second hand is a fold for me, A9 is not good enough.