PDA

View Full Version : Criss Angel: Levitation

08-26-2005, 06:11 PM
Not sure if its real, prabably not!!

real or fake? (http://www.postwhore.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1033)

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
08-26-2005, 06:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

your link is to nothing. It is fake. Worst first post EVER!

08-26-2005, 06:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

your link is to nothing. It is fake. Worst first post EVER!

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw the video the other day and almost posted it, I'll try to locate it.

He gets wayyyy higher than DB and it's really good video. I think he was a good 2 feet off the ground.

08-26-2005, 06:18 PM
Here it is...

Chris Angel levatation (http://www.mediabum.com/html/Chris-Angel-Levitation.html)

08-26-2005, 06:22 PM
i never see him levitate with anything above his head, so im not sure...

08-26-2005, 06:24 PM
never seen anyone levitate standing up like that, they're usually laying down so i don't know...but levitation is definately possible

Edge34
08-26-2005, 06:27 PM
There was a thread a while back where a few skeptics really went off on this guy, saying all the stuff he did was fake, etc. This was one of the parts they said was the least believable, yet nobody has been able to disrpove what video showed.

I mean, when they guy's doing things in the middle of Fremont Street, either its straight up or he's the best damn fake-out magician in the entire world...ever.

-Skeme-
08-26-2005, 06:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
thread a while back where a few skeptics really went off on this guy, saying all the stuff he did was fake, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fake? Uh, yeah, unlike real magic. Of course it's fake. There is no debating that. Are you really suggesting that he has the power to defy the laws of physics and break the rules of gravity? Of course not.

[ QUOTE ]
This was one of the parts they said was the least believable, yet nobody has been able to disrpove what video showed.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you expect anybody to disprove this from some crappy video? It's quite convenient that all of these levitation vids he has on his show are from like 20 feet back and have the worst angles ever.

You also seem to think he couldn't have people assist him in his routines on the streets. It's also great that the audience members he interviews after are the dumbest people alive.

[Shot to random black guy with a pimp cup and neon green, diamond studded jacket]

DAMN!!! Ya'll see that muhfucka float! [censored] was like BLADDAOW up in the air n [censored]!

[Camera pans left to enormous-breasted blonde]

Like wow! It was like, one minute he was like, sitting and like, wow!

A_C_Slater
08-26-2005, 06:33 PM
Of course it's real.

Criss Angel can defy the laws of physics because he's all goth and stuff. /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Edge34
08-26-2005, 06:37 PM
The way to fake people into thinking you're doing this must be the absolute best-kept secret in the world. We're talking Area 51 shite here.

All the vids are from 20 feet back? Clearly you didn't see the part right in the middle of Fremont Street out in front of Binions where he levitates a woman from the audience. Or the part in the park where they do the same thing and the shot is from no more than 3-5 feet away.

Maybe some laws are meant to be broken. So basically, until someone can prove that its NOT possible to do this...well, you know.

Before you get started calling me ignorant, whatever, yeah, I know all the Newton's laws and gravity, all that stuff. Maybe there's just some laws that aren't quite 100%?

EDIT ADD: Yeah, for all I know this is just some fancy illusion, but I can't come up with any way things like this are even close to possible, and its certainly not just camera angles and computer editing.

shant
08-26-2005, 06:39 PM
areyouready?

-Skeme-
08-26-2005, 06:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Or the part in the park where they do the same thing and the shot is from no more than 3-5 feet away.

[/ QUOTE ]

And they use the same angle every time. Link me to a video of him levitating with the camera directly in front of him. How about one where he's not sitting behind a giant plant, or on the other side of a restaurant.

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe some laws are meant to be broken. So basically, until someone can prove that its NOT possible to do this...well, you know.

[/ QUOTE ]

They have. It's called the laws of gravity. Self levitation is an illusion, not real, fake, impossible, etc.

[ QUOTE ]
Before you get started calling me ignorant, whatever, yeah, I know all the Newton's laws and gravity, all that stuff. Maybe there's just some laws that aren't quite 100%?

[/ QUOTE ]

I honestly can't believe you're even pondering that he is actually levitating for real. I don't even think HE'S saying that. I understood magic to be like, "Hey, look, I'm doing the impossible. Obviously, the impossible is indeed impossible, so I'm replicating it the best I can to give off the ILLUSION that I can do the impossible."

It's an illusion man. The trick is to figure out HOW he's doing the illusion. I promise you he hasn't stumbled upon some Area 51 secret to defy gravity and float. There is something aiding him.

Alobar
08-26-2005, 06:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
, but I can't come up with any way things like this are even close to possible, and its certainly not just camera angles and computer editing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not that hard, its called the "random people walking down the street" you see in the video are in on it to. OMG!!!

seriously, if he could actually levitate he'd be making WAAAAAAY more money doing other things than doing illusions on TV.

Do you really believe david copperfield made the statue of liberty disapear just cuz thats what you saw on TV? I havent seen anyone disprove that thats not possible either, so obviosuly he really did it then.

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
08-26-2005, 06:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
never seen anyone levitate standing up like that, they're usually laying down so i don't know...but levitation is definately possible

[/ QUOTE ]

levitation is not possible. Not w/o an outside force anyways. Next time you see someone "levitating" pay attention to their hair. If someone can make themselves levitate, why cant they make their hair levitate as well?

handsome
08-26-2005, 06:51 PM
Wow... Edge34 honestly honestly honestly believes it's real based on one video.

phage
08-26-2005, 06:53 PM
He has the power...THE POWER!!!!!

wacki
08-26-2005, 07:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Its not that hard, its called the "random people walking down the street" you see in the video are in on it to. OMG!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

David Blaine used celebrities. I didn't see any celebrities in this video.

[ QUOTE ]
seriously, if he could actually levitate he'd be making WAAAAAAY more money doing other things than doing illusions on TV.

[/ QUOTE ]

just curious, what else could he do if he can only levitate up and down for 4 seconds at a time?

TheMainEvent
08-26-2005, 07:47 PM
Does anyone have a working link to this video?

08-26-2005, 07:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

just curious, what else could he do if he can only levitate up and down for 4 seconds at a time?

[/ QUOTE ]

Y'know show it off on TV and [censored]...oh wait

Cry Me A River
08-26-2005, 07:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I mean, when they guy's doing things in the middle of Fremont Street, either its straight up or he's the best damn fake-out magician in the entire world...ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeesh. Sorta like how Bad Boys II is the best movie evah.

If you've only ever watched three movies in your life.

Or three magicians.

Cry Me A River
08-26-2005, 08:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Yeah, for all I know this is just some fancy illusion, but I can't come up with any way things like this are even close to possible, and its certainly not just camera angles and computer editing.

[/ QUOTE ]

And, you do know that The Lord Of The Rings is actually a documentary, don't you?

'Cuz no city in the world has ever closed off a street in order for a film crew to shoot a movie there and populate a scene with actors and extras.

Alobar
08-26-2005, 08:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

for starters hed collect a million dollars from the james randi challenge. From there it wouldnt be to hard to make gobs of money once it was proven that he could really do it. Hell, he could claim to be the second coming of christ and he'd have millions of people eager to believe. Seriously think about it. If it was proven that it was in fact true, it would be the biggest thing in the entire world. It would litterally change so many perceptions and beliefs about lots of things, that I couldnt even begin to think of all the ramifications.

-Skeme-
08-26-2005, 10:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
just curious, what else could he do if he can only disprove so-called infallible tennets of science for 4 seconds at a time?

[/ QUOTE ]

bernie
08-26-2005, 11:46 PM
I liked seeing him levitate while going up an escalator. Fake, yes, but damn it was kinda cool looking on tv.

b

EliteNinja
08-27-2005, 06:33 AM
He's The One! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Dave G.
08-27-2005, 07:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Levitation is about as possible as a donkeys ass magically transforming into a beautiful princess. I mean hey, they could do this on TV without any problems, so it must be true. Every donkeys ass is actually just a hot female waiting to emerge to blow me senseless.

stankybank
08-27-2005, 07:33 AM
I watched this show one time and was amazed he could levitate like that on an escalator and what seemed like the middle of nowhere sometimes. But if he was truly for REALS, that would mean he's the anti-Christ or something, right?

08-27-2005, 02:02 PM
Use some of that poker roll and buy it. http://www.tilfordillusions.com/yogano/saturnLevitation.html

YourFoxyGrandma
08-27-2005, 02:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, totally.

Edge34
08-27-2005, 02:33 PM
FWIW, I did a little (little) research, and came up with lots of informaiton on the Balducci Levitation, which is basically an angle illusion where you just stand on the tiptoes of your right foot while using your left leg to block the view of the audience. However, this is not the technique Angel uses. Possible or not, the guy's a helluva showman. I thought for a bit that I'd like to know how he does it, but really, I'd rather not.

Also, for the people that say that everyone in his audiences are "in on it" and its for TV...doesn't that kind of go entirely against the magician/illusionist's key goal, which is to entertain people close up and get that real reaction?

-Skeme-
08-27-2005, 02:46 PM
How old are you?

08-27-2005, 03:11 PM
Fake or not, that video is messed up. I really can't explain how he's doing it other than he's getting hooked up with wires about 30 minutes before he tells a pedestrian, "hey, watch this". But from where's standing in some of these, they would have to be some long wires and you'd either have to some kind of machine holding you up or a few guys on each side somewhere hidden.

In the one where he is on a sidewalk, it really looked like he was hooked to wires by the way that he landed.

08-27-2005, 03:15 PM
I just watched it again. That last one, in front of that white building just looked completely ridiculous. I'm voting big time FAKE . What's really bad is that Criss Angel makes it look completely retarded. David Blaine only levitated about 4 or 5 inches off the ground but my god Criss Angel was a good 10 feet off the ground which makes it look like he's peter pan or something. Just ridiculous.

ptmusic
08-27-2005, 03:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Also, for the people that say that everyone in his audiences are "in on it" and its for TV...

[/ QUOTE ]

THINK, man, THINK! Who is this dork's audience? (Hint: the answer is not the same for the local drunk magician your mom blew to perform at your 10th birthday party)

-ptmusic

ddss6_99
08-27-2005, 03:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Use some of that poker roll and buy it. http://www.tilfordillusions.com/yogano/saturnLevitation.html

[/ QUOTE ]

Max weight - 165lbs. Criss better hope he doesn't gain another 2 pounds. I believe he said he was 164lbs. on his show the other day

Edge34
08-27-2005, 03:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Also, for the people that say that everyone in his audiences are "in on it" and its for TV...

[/ QUOTE ]

THINK, man, THINK! Who is this dork's audience? (Hint: the answer is not the same for the local drunk magician your mom blew to perform at your 10th birthday party)

-ptmusic

[/ QUOTE ]

And here I was thinking you were only a retard in the politics forum.

Alobar
08-27-2005, 03:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

-ptmusic

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

his reply was spot on I thought...

ptmusic
08-27-2005, 03:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

-ptmusic

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll have you know I'm a retard in many forums.

-ptmusic

Edge34
08-27-2005, 03:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

-ptmusic

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the part about "the magician your mom blew to perform at your 10th birthday party" was necessary.

Alobar
08-27-2005, 04:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

-ptmusic

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the part about "the magician your mom blew to perform at your 10th birthday party" was necessary.

[/ QUOTE ]

try therapy....it will help yu get over the anguish that that event has obviously caused you

Jimbo
08-27-2005, 07:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The way to fake people into thinking you're doing this must be the absolute best-kept secret in the world. We're talking Area 51 shite here.

All the vids are from 20 feet back? Clearly you didn't see the part right in the middle of Fremont Street out in front of Binions where he levitates a woman from the audience. Or the part in the park where they do the same thing and the shot is from no more than 3-5 feet away.

EDIT ADD: Yeah, for all I know this is just some fancy illusion, but I can't come up with any way things like this are even close to possible, and its certainly not just camera angles and computer editing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Posters like this serve to prove why poker can be so profitable.

PokerAce
08-28-2005, 12:27 AM
Criss Angel does the same thing David Blaine does. He performs a simple, but effective trick (balducci levitation, appearing to lift 2-3 inches off the ground) and captures the audience's reaction. Then, they film another version of the trick (the one we see on TV) performed with wires and other devices to make it look more impressive at home.

For example, the trick where he levitated on the chair and escalator. He most likely has trick pants and shoes that allow him to bend and lift one leg and take a step up while from the back it looks like he has both feet on the ground. Of course, they film it to look like he has people watching from all angles so it's not possible, but that's the magic of television.

Do a search on some magic newsgroups. There are lots of discussions regarding this.

Hint: no, he's not really levitating. He's not in league with the devil. It's an illusion.

Edge34
08-28-2005, 12:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Posters like this serve to prove why poker can be so profitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh man, burn! Wait. I keep winning. Nice try douchebag. That really had a lot to do with anything anyway.

fluxrad
08-28-2005, 02:42 AM
Edge. You're an idiot.

Edge34
08-28-2005, 02:43 AM
Fluxrad. [censored] off and die.

fluxrad
08-28-2005, 02:51 AM
No no no. Please don't misunderstand me. I'm not saying you're an idiot in a condescending way. I just honestly think you're less intelligent than most people. I'm sorry if you thought I was talking down to you.

Edge34
08-28-2005, 02:59 AM
Please don't misunderstand me either, that when it comes to actual intelligence, I can virtually guarantee I'm smarter than you are. This thread taken mostly out of context can make anybody look foolish. I have written many times, sure, there is a GREAT LIKELIHOOD that it is all illusion, hell, I'll give you 99% at the least. However, I've looked into things like Balducci technique and stuff, and this doesn't appear to be the stuff on the show.

So, my last comment stands, [censored] off.

BTW, I'm done here, I'm not going to get into a pointless intelligence comparing pissing contest with you...it would just be far too easy in my favor.

I'm also not the only person who's said the things I've said in this thread. So you're even MORE of an assclown for just going after me. That's all.

If the mods are smart, they'll just delete this thread before it turns into nothing more than a flame war. Have a nice day.

PokerAce
08-28-2005, 04:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
However, I've looked into things like Balducci technique and stuff, and this doesn't appear to be the stuff on the show.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://groups-beta.google.com

Search "criss angel levitation"

Simple tricks + television editing = looks impossible and unexplainable.

Think of it this way. A regular Joe watching Criss Angel thinks "wow, that's a miracle." Those in the know think, "nice illusion, that's a good performance of the X method."

I guess it's similar to playing poker. Those who think it's gambling think "wow, that guy is really lucky." Those in the know think, "wow, he's not making any mistakes."

Please don't mistake clever illusions for real magic. There's always an explaination behind the tricks.

Sephus
08-28-2005, 07:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This thread taken mostly out of context can make anybody look foolish

[/ QUOTE ]

only people saying really foolish things.

what exactly is the "context" for this thread? OOT? does that mean we're supposed to know you're being sarcastic or something?

sorry man. the fact that you're even saying it's somewhere close to 99% a trick is still idiotic. the chances that he found out how to defy the laws of physics are WAY, WAY, less than 1%.

this is coming from someone who believes in supernatural things.

ptmusic
08-28-2005, 08:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was digging what you were saying until you made a foolish assclown of yourself.

-ptmusic

Mr. Zero
08-28-2005, 10:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Possible or not, the guy's a helluva showman.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not.

Mr. Zero
08-28-2005, 10:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Fake or not, that video is messed up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fake.

Mr. Zero
08-28-2005, 10:18 PM
Quote A:

[ QUOTE ]
Please don't misunderstand me either, that when it comes to actual intelligence, I can virtually guarantee I'm smarter than you are.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quote B:
[ QUOTE ]
I have written many times, sure, there is a GREAT LIKELIHOOD that it is all illusion, hell, I'll give you 99% at the least.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a GREAT LIKELIHOOD that quote A and quote B conflict with each other. Do you see why?

AEKDBet
08-28-2005, 10:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No no no. Please don't misunderstand me. I'm not saying you're an idiot in a condescending way. I just honestly think you're less intelligent than most people. I'm sorry if you thought I was talking down to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Never woulda thought anything so funny could come from a Criss Angel thread.

Sephus
08-29-2005, 03:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was digging what you were saying until you made a foolish assclown of yourself.

-ptmusic

[/ QUOTE ]

i thought i'd join the party.

andyfox
08-29-2005, 03:04 AM
St. Francis of Assisi perfected the trick hundreds of years ago. People saw him do it.

TStoneMBD
08-29-2005, 03:15 AM
noone wants to seem to mention that the likely possibility that this guy is just hanging from wires in front of a blue screen and then they replace the background with the public areas in which he levitates.

08-29-2005, 03:42 AM
the wires are harnessed around his waist and attatched to fixed points out to the sides and slightly above him. they are then pulled taught and voila, he looks like a giant douche!