PDA

View Full Version : A9 offsuit (No hand content)

IIAce
08-26-2005, 06:08 PM
Do you ever play A9o? Today I found myself sitting on the button with A9o and 6 people limp to me. I'm getting pretty good odds on my money since I know the blinds are almost always going to call/check in the .25/.50. I know SSHE says not to play A9o, but I look again to make sure and yep...no A9o on the preflop table. So yea, I fold. Right after I typed that last period I got A9o again in mp and folded it. A9 isn't very good but notice that SSHE says to call with ATo in all positions if it hasn't been raised yet. I guess I'm just making this thread to make sure I'm doing the right thing when I autofold A9o.

Thoughts?

Saint_D
08-26-2005, 06:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
on the button with any ace and 6 people limp to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

"I'd have to be holding tarot cards to fold preflop for 15:1." - Paxosmotic

So you aren't quite in the "I might play the 6 of wands" territory, but I think with that much action you can play any ace profitably on the button. A9 is a shoe in.

Lacking connectedness it loses something multiway, so you need to hit the flop hard. But a lot of times your 9 will outkick an "any ace will do" player.

-D

IIAce
08-26-2005, 06:33 PM
I'm only getting 8:1 if the blinds stay in.

Paxosmotic
08-26-2005, 06:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
That is so hot that you remembered that quote, you wanna make out or something? I'm in the lexicon, yeah!

deception5
08-26-2005, 06:41 PM
It isn't terrible to limp it after a lot of limpers in the best possible position. It is also a good raising hand when you are the first one in starting somewhere around MP3/CO or when it's folded to you in the small blind.

Guthrie
08-26-2005, 06:42 PM
Actually, SSHE does say to play A9o on the button, it's just not on the chart.

Page 74, last paragraph: "Possible exceptions might be A9, T9, and 98 on the button for one bet only. But even here, at best, these hands are only marginally profitable."

IIAce
08-26-2005, 06:44 PM
Wow I've read this book like....2003040023 times? I still can't remember everything in it.

Saint_D
08-26-2005, 07:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
That is so hot that you remembered that quote, you wanna make out or something? I'm in the lexicon, yeah!

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless you are a hot girl I don't think I want to make out. If you are a hot girl, you would probably change your mind when you met me. Actually, even if you were a male, desperate, totally gay and also blind, you would probably change your mind when you met me.

But it was a great quote.

-D