View Full Version : Raising with non nuts

wickss
08-26-2005, 04:07 PM
$25 PP PLO
Hero is on the button.
Seat 10: Villian1 ( $114)
Seat 4: Villian2 ( $15.30)
Seat 5: Hero ( $36.30)

Dealt to Hero 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/club.gif T /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Villian1 raises to 0.50
Villian2 raises to 1.85
Hero calls (1.85)
Villian1 calls (1.35)

** Dealing Flop ** : J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Villian1 checks.
Villian2 bets (3)
Hero calls (3)
Villian1 raises (8) to 8
Villian2 folds.
Hero calls (5)

Pot: about $25

** Dealing Turn ** : 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Villian1 bets (6)
Hero calls (6)

Would a raise on the turn be in order? No reads on Villian1. Villian2 is hyperaggressive, frequently raising PF and betting the flop. At this point I put Villian1 on a draw from the size of the bets and the fact that a straight was less likely with two of the 10's in my hand.

Lafortezza
08-26-2005, 10:28 PM
Villain could have a hand like K /images/graemlins/diamond.gifx /images/graemlins/diamond.gif QJ, might explain his flop c/r.
His bet of $6 on the turn is a bit odd when the pot is $25.
I don't see anything wrong with raising the turn depending on your read of Villain, but if you get re-raised I think you're way behind.
Calling and seeing the river is cheap, but you don't have any outs to an obvious winning hand so maybe raising the turn is the best option.

BlueBear
08-27-2005, 03:18 AM
Auto-raise for value, anywhere between 2/3 to a full pot bet will work. Besides, you have straight blockers.