View Full Version : 6-max Blinddd Battleeee

Kumubou
08-26-2005, 03:51 PM
Just sat down, Villan is unknown.

My plan here was as follows:

Hit some part of a ragged ass board.
Raise any turn.
...profit!

I thought his turn check-raise was straight-up bizarre. Then again, with a hand that has some showdown value... I should get it there as reliably as possible. However, I did not want to give a flush draw a free card.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter (http://www.pokerhand.org)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9 BB

DeathDonkey
08-26-2005, 03:53 PM
I would: fold preflop, raise the flop, check the turn, fold the river.

-DeathDonkey

deception5
08-26-2005, 03:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
raise the flop, check the turn, fold the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would consider calling the river with that line. Too little chance villian has Kx/Qx/Jx which missed the board which he would bet after hero's check?

jrz1972
08-26-2005, 03:56 PM
Adding to what DD said, I think you can confidently dump this when you get c/red on the turn. A donkish play like this usually shows a big hand, at least in my experience.

@bsolute_luck
08-26-2005, 08:45 PM
wow, DD says fold preflop and he's a LAG /images/graemlins/grin.gif

i'd take the free card on the turn, but fold to his c/r as it was played.

Kumubou
08-26-2005, 09:15 PM
To me, his turn checkraise meant two things:

-7x for the straight
-Absolute air

Here's the weird thing: I did not think he had a 7. Intutatively, something about his play just did not seem right, but I do not know what.

Given the way I played it, I think the correct line now would be to check the turn and call a river bet... although that river card sucks. This line works a lot better when the river is a (relative) brick. Is my default line correct? Or is that only be correct in a 10/20 6-max game?

I think pre-flop is call (but it's close). I am getting 3:1 to go, and he would have to flip up AA-55 for this call to be incorrect. I am probably a 50/40 dog, but I have position and two s00ted cards!

I made a huge mistake in this hand, though. I thought I had the idiot end of a OESD -- when a 7 would make a board straight. Oops. Not too thrilled about the 2 outs (especially if you think he has a 7), but it's there. At least my 3s don't complete any draws (except A2), so I have ~7 outs to win and one more to chop. I can't fold to this checkraise.

-K