PDA

View Full Version : First hand QQ in SB

08-26-2005, 03:21 PM
Pokerroom SnG 10/20 blinds:
10 players, hero in SB.
UTG calls 20
2 MP call and the button.

Hero??
Also does the way you play this change depending on the buy in level??

rvg72
08-26-2005, 03:45 PM
I'd bet about 200 and take the pot down. If anyone calls then take it down after the flop unless an ace drops in which case you'd have to play it much more tightly - especially true in lower buyin games.

rvg

jt1
08-26-2005, 04:00 PM
I'd bet 80 and bet the flop big if not all-in with an over pair.

08-26-2005, 05:27 PM
I made it 110 to go. Everyone called. So 5 to the flop:

7 Q 7
First to act, so hero?

downtown
08-26-2005, 05:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

7 Q 7
First to act, so hero?

[/ QUOTE ]

Check! Your AK hates this flop... or so the Russians would have you believe!

dollyfan
08-26-2005, 05:34 PM
smiles!

nath
08-26-2005, 05:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

7 Q 7
First to act, so hero?

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you think about a weak-ass leadout? If it's a lower level someone with a mid PP may hang out with you, if it's not someone may interpret your bet as a weak continuation bet. What about, say, 200?
A check is fine too. I'm not sure which one will get more action, to be honest.

08-26-2005, 05:54 PM
I thought about doing a small bet like that but thought my hand was so dominating that I could slow play this to the end without much worry. So I check, not sure if it was UTG or the next person but one of them bet out for the min amount. Yes, 20 into a 550 pot. No one folded, I resisted jacking this up and just called, so going to the turn the post 650ish.

Turn 6. I stick with my slow play and check, same person as last round bet min, 40 into 650 pot. All call. (one person may have folded now that I think about it)

River 6. Pot around 850

Hero?

08-26-2005, 06:09 PM
Leaving pc for a while so here is what happened:

I bet out 300 into the 850ish pot, wanting to give the odds to someone and make it look like a semi steal. I expect that someone has a 6 or 7 and expect a raise from one of those hands. UTG reraised ALL IN. fold, fold, Call all in, back to me. I think for a second and call.

Hero shows full house Qs over 7s, villan 1 shows full house 7s over 6s, villan 2 shows full house 6s over 7s.

Sweetness!

by the way this was at the 5.50 buy in.

lastchance
08-26-2005, 06:11 PM
Checking the flop is good, but you really gotta jack it up either on the turn or the flop.

Slowplaying works sometimes, but it's not why you're checking this flop. It's a dry flop, you want to let people stab at it, and there's not a lot of draws out there. I normally check-raise flop.

You check with AQ too, BTW.

08-29-2005, 10:47 AM
Check with AQ? I think it would be better to bet about half pot size and get a feel for where I stand, either way ahead or way behind to someone with a 7 here. AQ is beatable on this flop and I don't like checking it and seeing the donk min raise come after me, gives me no clue what they have Qx or x7? If I bet half pot and get raised that way I know my AQ is more than likely way behind and let it go.

I was using something I read in HOH can't remember if it was one or two, once you pick a strategy for a hand play it all the way to the end. I was very tempted to c/r both the flop and the turn but resisted it thinking of those words. And it played out perfectly.

I think the guy with had trip 7s played an awful hand but I guess he was slow playing the 7s not thinking anyone would have QQ here that or 66 would have been the only hands someone could have that beat him. The caller with the 6, guess he thought the all in bet was either a steal or another 6s full? No clue why he'd call with such a beatable hand. I know full houses are good hands but on this board and the first hand of the tourney I think I fold 6s full here. I know that's weak but then again, I fold x6 (except for maybe A6s but then I fold that on the missed flop) here preflop anyway so I would not have been in that spot.