PDA

View Full Version : Was this a good fold of bottom set?

Zarathustra888
08-26-2005, 02:39 PM
So I click the fold button and think that I made a legendary fold.
$25pl crypto,

reads: mp2 is readless. sb is 45/15.utg+1 57/12
Chip count: Hero in mp1 $47, sb $48, mp2 $20, utg+1 $25.

Preflop:
2 calls of 25c, hero has 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif and limps, MP2 raises to $1, the bb calls, utg calls, I call.

flop($4.60) Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/club.gif7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

bingo! sb bets $3, and to my surprise utg+1 calls. I hesistate, and call the $3, hoping that the preflop raiser in mp2 will raise for me because of the possible draws. Then I'll use the information from sb and utg+1 reaction to decide what to do.

mp2 raises to $7.25, surely AA, KK, QQ or JJ?

Then it gets worrying, as sb calls his bet, as does utg+1! I remind you that bets like this do not get called often.

I think I'm beaten by a higher set and fold.

Am I a fool?

orange
08-26-2005, 02:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Am I a fool?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Expect to see QJ/KQ here.

Mercman572
08-26-2005, 02:45 PM
you are asking a question that is based entirely on YOUR read. we can't really help you with that. most times at this level your hand will be good, and I will stack it off EVERY TIME at this level on the cryptos. that bet DOES get called often in my experience there. You will see TPTK alot as well as top 2 and a flush draw there, the players are THAT bad. But if you have a ridiculous read then good fold

imported_anacardo
08-26-2005, 02:47 PM
There's a lot you'll see here that you beat. QJ,lots of power draws, even TPTK.

I'd stack off 100 BBs pretty much every time on a board like this and not think twice about it.

4_2_it
08-26-2005, 03:09 PM
If my math is right the first caller is getting 5-1 to call MP2's flop raise and 2nd caller is getting 6-1. Congratulations, by smooth calling the original bet, you priced in two likely draw hands. The original raiser's re-raise doesn't price out draws (or anyone for that matter) so either MP2 is an idiot or has QQ is trying to get cute.

You needed to isolate MP2 on the flop and get a read. Since you didn't raise before, you either need to push here or fold. You are probably an underdog with the draws on the board, but you're getting 7-1 to call so folding isn't a smart play. Push and see what info you get.

IMO, you over thought this hand and this appears to be a minor example of FPS.

More unsolicited advice: This it your flop! Play it that way. At $200NL, I would say you are probably behind with 4 in the pot, but at $25NL you are probably way in front unless you have perfect reads on your opponents.

elus2
08-26-2005, 03:24 PM
raise the sb on the flop. who do you think has you beat on the flop? that board is draw heavy and there is a good chance that you can get them to overplay their hands on this flop especially with the preflop raiser still in. getting it all in multiway here would be fantastic.

Mackerel
08-26-2005, 04:03 PM
Excuse me, I'm trying to clean up the coffee I just spilled. Did you say FOLD??? /images/graemlins/confused.gif Good grief man, you gotta stop seeing monsters under the bed & get it in there.

rikz
08-26-2005, 04:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
... sb bets $3, and to my surprise utg+1 calls. I hesistate, and ...

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have raised here enough to make it incorrect for flush draws and/or straight draws to make their hand without paying.

[ QUOTE ]
... call the $3, hoping that the preflop raiser in mp2 will raise for me because of the possible draws. Then I'll use the information from sb and utg+1 reaction to decide what to do.

mp2 raises to $7.25, surely AA, KK, QQ or JJ?

[/ QUOTE ]

At this point, I push. Given the stack sizes and the action, I expect you'll get called by a whole lot more than a higher set here. I would not be surprised to see QJ two pair, T9 OESD or Td9d OESFD, Ad Xd flush draw - especially Ad Jd, or you name it.

I just can't believe your read is so good here to safely lay down top set. This isn't some regular you've played 1000's of hands with, this is a SSNLHE player.

[ QUOTE ]
Then it gets worrying, as sb calls his bet, as does utg+1! I remind you that bets like this do not get called often.

I think I'm beaten by a higher set and fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

No way you are beaten on this flop with this action with these stakes and stack sizes more often than you are ahead.

[ QUOTE ]
Am I a fool?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably not. But this was a bad fold.