PDA

View Full Version : Whatever Happened to this Wager?

skipperbob
08-26-2005, 02:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So Zen and I were talking poker and talking smack, like we do all day everyday, and he comes out with the following statement:

"I bet I can make more money than you playing a level lower."

Oh no you din'nt.

So we hashed out the details. We chose the $33's vs. the $55's because those two are closest in value, and the chip stack discrepancy makes it a little interesting. I'm going to play 500 $55's and he's going to play 500 $33's this month. Whomever makes the most money wins the bet. I will not disclose the amount for which we are gambling, because if his wife (holding new baby) read this and found out how much cash he was pissing away on stupid prop bets, she'd flip out.

It'll probably take us a month.

There is no point to this whatsoever.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /images/graemlins/tongue.gif /images/graemlins/tongue.gif /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

mcpherzen
08-26-2005, 02:59 PM
Not much is going right for me. My opponents have decided to employ a particular strategy against me that I'm having a very difficult time defending against. It seems they've all decided to just start with the worst hand and suck out in all key pots. Anyway, I'm back positive again after dropping 18 buy-ins in my first 100 tourneys, so that's something:

215 $33's played, $135 net profit, 1.9% ROI -- shippit, holla.

I figure if I can finish first or second in all 285 of my remaining SNG's, I'll only lose the bet by a little bit. Fortunately, I'm splitting variance with Irie on this one so I'm kinda looking forward to losing this motherf#%$ing bet and then having HIM transfer a couple grand to ME.

--Zen

skipperbob
08-26-2005, 03:16 PM
/images/graemlins/blush.gif"DEATHSTAR" /images/graemlins/blush.gif...This w/e ?

stupidsucker
08-26-2005, 03:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Fortunately, I'm splitting variance with Irie on this one so I'm kinda looking forward to losing this motherf#%$ing bet and then having HIM transfer a couple grand to ME.

[/ QUOTE ]

Spoken like a true mad man.

skipperbob
08-26-2005, 03:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Fortunately, I'm splitting variance with Irie

[/ QUOTE ]

The best that "Mr.ZenMasterKnowitAllofpoker&Life" can do, after 923496586745 years of experience & schooling, is "split variance" with the most dumbassweaktightlimpdick player that ever lived (who has no chance against Mr. "A")

Scuba Chuck
08-26-2005, 06:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My opponents have decided to employ a particular strategy against me that I'm having a very difficult time defending against. It seems they've all decided to just start with the worst hand and suck out in all key pots.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

NL Texas Hold'em $30 Buy-in + $3 Entry Fee Trny:15171030 Level:4 Blinds(50/100) - Friday, August 26, 02:40:47 EDT 2005
Table Table 11744 (Real Money)
Seat 9 is the button
Total number of players : 5
Seat 2: ZenDiZaster ( $3565 )
Seat 6: Danswa ( $460 )
Seat 8: beaverton3 ( $695 )
Seat 9: lgroemer ( $2740 )
Seat 10: SCUBA CHUCK ( $540 )
Trny:15171030 Level:4
Blinds(50/100)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to SCUBA CHUCK [ Kh Td ]
>You have options at Table 12714 Table!.
Danswa folds.
beaverton3 folds.
lgroemer folds.
SCUBA CHUCK is all-In [490]
ZenDiZaster calls [440].
** Dealing Flop ** [ 6s, 8d, Qd ]
** Dealing Turn ** [ 4s ]
** Dealing River ** [ 3h ]
SCUBA CHUCK shows [ Kh, Td ] high card king.
ZenDiZaster shows [ 8s, Kd ] a pair of eights.
ZenDiZaster wins 1080 chips from the main pot with a pair of eights.
SCUBA CHUCK finished in fifth place.

mcpherzen
08-26-2005, 07:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My opponents have decided to employ a particular strategy against me that I'm having a very difficult time defending against. It seems they've all decided to just start with the worst hand and suck out in all key pots.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

NL Texas Hold'em $30 Buy-in + $3 Entry Fee Trny:15171030 Level:4 Blinds(50/100) - Friday, August 26, 02:40:47 EDT 2005
Table Table 11744 (Real Money)
Seat 9 is the button
Total number of players : 5
Seat 2: ZenDiZaster ( $3565 )
Seat 6: Danswa ( $460 )
Seat 8: beaverton3 ( $695 )
Seat 9: lgroemer ( $2740 )
Seat 10: SCUBA CHUCK ( $540 )
Trny:15171030 Level:4
Blinds(50/100)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to SCUBA CHUCK [ Kh Td ]
>You have options at Table 12714 Table!.
Danswa folds.
beaverton3 folds.
lgroemer folds.
SCUBA CHUCK is all-In [490]
ZenDiZaster calls [440].
** Dealing Flop ** [ 6s, 8d, Qd ]
** Dealing Turn ** [ 4s ]
** Dealing River ** [ 3h ]
SCUBA CHUCK shows [ Kh, Td ] high card king.
ZenDiZaster shows [ 8s, Kd ] a pair of eights.
ZenDiZaster wins 1080 chips from the main pot with a pair of eights.
SCUBA CHUCK finished in fifth place.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummmmm....this isn't exactly what I would call a "key pot."

You should have started with 5-2o.

Daliman
08-26-2005, 07:53 PM
I got a bet for either of them.

Over the next 100 SNG's I play, I will have a higher ROI than one or both of you(seperately) TWO LEVELS LOWER! IF either of you plays one level lower, I'll spot you 2%. Play the 215's like I am, and I'll spot either of you 5%.

Come get some.

These special props are only available for Zen and Irie, as Zen has a new baby to support, and, well, Irie has strippers to support as they work their way through college(.....). I will, however, extend this challenge to Skipper too, and he gets either 2-1 odds or double %'s where applicable /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

skipperbob
08-26-2005, 09:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Over the next 100 SNG's I play, I will have a higher ROI than one or both of you(seperately) TWO LEVELS LOWER! IF either of you plays one level lower, I'll spot you 2%. Play the 215's like I am, and I'll spot either of you 5%.

Come get some.

These special props are only available for Zen and Irie, as Zen has a new baby to support, and, well, Irie has strippers to support as they work their way through college(.....). I will, however, extend this challenge to Skipper too, and he gets either 2-1 odds or double %'s where applicable /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I shall not dignify this drivel with a response /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

johnnybeef
08-26-2005, 10:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Come get some.

[/ QUOTE ]

I shall not dignify this drivel with a response /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Does anyone else see the irony in this statement? Skipper is finally losing it.

skipperbob
08-26-2005, 10:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Skipper is finally losing it.

[/ QUOTE ]

When you get to the ocean, you've gone too far /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Scuba Chuck
08-26-2005, 10:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ummmmm....this isn't exactly what I would call a "key pot."

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummmmm....I think that I looked at this hand from a different perspective.

Scuba
who doesn't really care much about it.

skipperbob
08-26-2005, 10:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Over the next 100 SNG's I play, I will have a higher ROI than one or both of you(seperately) TWO LEVELS LOWER! IF either of you plays one level lower, I'll spot you 2%. Play the 215's like I am, and I'll spot either of you 5%

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure that there is a "fine" point of the original wager that escaped the attention of our esteemed-dwarf; they didn't compete on a basis of ROI; they are matching absolute dollars won....So, if Irie has a 10% ROI over 500 $55's he will win $2,750; Zen, therefore has to win $2,750 at the $33's which is an ROI of 17%....In other words, Oh Lord of the heigth-challenged-moerans, Irie bet Zen that Zen couldn't come within 7% of Irie's ROI at one level higher.....Now getting back to a wager: I will bet you $1 against your $1,000,000 that Yugo finishes higher at STTF-HUC than you do.....I will also bet you $50 straight-up that as of 12:00midnight (EDT) I will own the Gigabet/Rojosox entry in the STTF-HUC High-Stakes Calcutta?

Daliman
08-26-2005, 11:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Over the next 100 SNG's I play, I will have a higher ROI than one or both of you(seperately) TWO LEVELS LOWER! IF either of you plays one level lower, I'll spot you 2%. Play the 215's like I am, and I'll spot either of you 5%

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure that there is a "fine" point of the original wager that escaped the attention of our esteemed-dwarf; they didn't compete on a basis of ROI; they are matching absolute dollars won....So, if Irie has a 10% ROI over 500 $55's he will win $2,750; Zen, therefore has to win $2,750 at the $33's which is an ROI of 17%....In other words, Oh Lord of the heigth-challenged-moerans, Irie bet Zen that Zen couldn't come within 7% of Irie's ROI at one level higher.....Now getting back to a wager: I will bet you $1 against your $1,000,000 that Yugo finishes higher at STTF-HUC than you do.....I will also bet you $50 straight-up that as of 12:00midnight (EDT) I will own the Gigabet/Rojosox entry in the STTF-HUC High-Stakes Calcutta?

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't miss anything in the wager; I made my own version.

How, pray tell, am I going to be giving a spot to someone to make more $$$ than me if I am playing in a higher $$$ game?

I suppose I could drop to the 109's and have Irieguy play the 215's, but I refuse to commingle with the commonfolk /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

citanul
08-26-2005, 11:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In other words, Oh Lord of the heigth-challenged-moerans, Irie bet Zen that Zen couldn't come within 7% of Irie's ROI at one level higher

[/ QUOTE ]

er, that's not right, he bet him that his ratio of ROI would be something or greater, not that he'd beat him by a certain %. the 7% only works at 10% roi for irie... or i might be losing it, but i don't think so. basically i think that he bet that zen's roi wouldn't be >= 17/10 of his roi for the sample.

citanul

citanul
08-26-2005, 11:28 PM
i hope either or both of them takes you on this wager and destroys you. in fact, i think that the proper course would be for them both to take the wager for as much as you'll let them, and then like, 2 table thoughtfully. i think that this wager you have offered is quite terrible.

citanul

skipperbob
08-26-2005, 11:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In other words, Oh Lord of the heigth-challenged-moerans, Irie bet Zen that Zen couldn't come within 7% of Irie's ROI at one level higher

[/ QUOTE ]

er, that's not right, he bet him that his ratio of ROI would be something or greater, not that he'd beat him by a certain %. the 7% only works at 10% roi for irie... or i might be losing it, but i don't think so. basically i think that he bet that zen's roi wouldn't be >= 17/10 of his roi for the sample.

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

Dear Mr. Moderator: You are so "F-O-S" it is scary. Only the fear of being "86'd" requites my desire to mount a recall....No: the bet between Irie & Zen is "pure dollars" and has nothing to do with "R.O.I."...as hard as you may find it to believe /images/graemlins/laugh.gif Zen bet Irie that he "Zen" could produce a higher-dollar net win over 500 $33's than Irie could over 500 $55's.....Irie, in his munificense, gave Zen (the moeron) an odds-lay of 5/4 on this dumb-ass bet....So, now Zen will soon owe Irie $4,000 on this stupid bet together with the $1,000,000 that he will owe me when Yugo wins the STTF-HUC. /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif

The Yugoslavian
08-26-2005, 11:43 PM
Isn't it like 3 hours past your bedtime? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Did you just take some speed or something, old man???

/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Yugoslav

citanul
08-27-2005, 01:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

Dear Mr. Moderator: You are so "F-O-S" it is scary. Only the fear of being "86'd" requites my desire to mount a recall....No: the bet between Irie & Zen is "pure dollars" and has nothing to do with "R.O.I."...as hard as you may find it to believe /images/graemlins/laugh.gif Zen bet Irie that he "Zen" could produce a higher-dollar net win over 500 $33's than Irie could over 500 $55's.....Irie, in his munificense, gave Zen (the moeron) an odds-lay of 5/4 on this dumb-ass bet....So, now Zen will soon owe Irie $4,000 on this stupid bet together with the $1,000,000 that he will owe me when Yugo wins the STTF-HUC. /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

hey man, you're the one who took it to the %s first, see above.

your application that 10% at the 55s over 500 sngs = 2750
and 2750 over 500 33s = 17% is fine.

which is a brute force manipulation of dollars to roi, fine. (again, i know that they bet on raw dollars, but since it was over a fixed number of sngs, as *you* pointed out, they were also betting on ROI, in a fashion. however, the statement you made about ROI win by 7% is clearly wrong, and only holds for Irie ROI = 10%.

for instance:

20% at the 55s over 500 sngs = 5500
5500 over 500 33s = 33%.
and in that case, the ROI he has to win by is 13%.

for those desiring exactitude,
basically it's the "duh" math of:

55x=33
x = 33/55 = 3/5 which is very close to 10/17, but not quite. /images/graemlins/smile.gif so the bet hinges on one side maintaining an ROI that is 3/5 that of the other, or conversely, one side maintaining an ROI that is 5/3 of the other.

but like we both said, it's raw dollars that matter.

citanul

Daliman
08-27-2005, 02:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i hope either or both of them takes you on this wager and destroys you. in fact, i think that the proper course would be for them both to take the wager for as much as you'll let them, and then like, 2 table thoughtfully. i think that this wager you have offered is quite terrible.

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

Poor, poor grouchy citanul. You must never get any. I'm grouchy too, and that's why.

I wouldn't make the bet for any huge $$$, only 1k or so, tops, but I think Zen knows better, and I KNOW Irie does.

P.S. If this bet was made tonight, ANYONE vs me would be in serious early trouble, maybe even already drawing near dead.

27 sng's
5/7/3/12
+4495

/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Come get some.

P.S. How could you know this bet is terrible? Are you familiar with my ROI since the new level went in?(it HAS been hinted at..)

citanul
08-27-2005, 03:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
27 sng's
5/7/3/12
+4495

[/ QUOTE ]

congrats btw, you're last 27 have gone almost as good as my last 15.

anyways, yeah, i'm glad to see you're making mad loot and junk, and no, i don't really care what your "new" roi is. then again, i also don't know anything about either zen or irie, besides them being passable players. me, personally, i wouldn't put my money in on this, but yeah, i'd totally pwn you 2 levels down, and well, if i were more of a) a gambling man or b) cared more, i'd see if you'd want to take me up on the same level spotting me 5 points. because man, that's just nuts.

sigh, like i said, i don't mean to disparage your results, i just think that the wager is not a good one, assuming there are good competitors. i know you're good and i know you think you're even better than that, but there's just absolute limits to what i'm willing to give you credit for.

citanul

Daliman
08-27-2005, 03:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
27 sng's
5/7/3/12
+4495

[/ QUOTE ]

congrats btw, you're last 27 have gone almost as good as my last 15.

anyways, yeah, i'm glad to see you're making mad loot and junk, and no, i don't really care what your "new" roi is. then again, i also don't know anything about either zen or irie, besides them being passable players. me, personally, i wouldn't put my money in on this, but yeah, i'd totally pwn you 2 levels down, and well, if i were more of a) a gambling man or b) cared more, i'd see if you'd want to take me up on the same level spotting me 5 points. because man, that's just nuts.

sigh, like i said, i don't mean to disparage your results, i just think that the wager is not a good one, assuming there are good competitors. i know you're good and i know you think you're even better than that, but there's just absolute limits to what i'm willing to give you credit for.

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, Citty, that may be the nicest thing I've ever seen you post about someone. I may cry... /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

If you wanna make out with me though, yer gonna have to get in line behind Irie and Beefy.

But I'd spot ya 5 for $500 if ya want. Consider it a bonus opportunity for all that good moderating you do. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

citanul
08-27-2005, 03:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, Citty, that may be the nicest thing I've ever seen you post about someone. I may cry... /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

If you wanna make out with me though, yer gonna have to get in line behind Irie and Beefy.

But I'd spot ya 5 for $500 if ya want. Consider it a bonus opportunity for all that good moderating you do. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, well, i might take you up on the wager at some point soon, who knows. i've only played like 80 200s this month though, so it wouldn't be very interesting to me to do that bet just yet.

sadly for both of us i guess, i have a perfectly serviceable 24 yo female a few feet from here, instead of one of them pregnant/moody ones like you seem to have running around. (don't you know you're supposed to leave a little time between pregnancies so you can just [censored] and have fun? ask irie.)

i'll make you this deal: if you can get any pair of the set irie, beefy, yugo to make out at huc, with video/photo proof, i'll send you 4 cases of a good beer. hm, something like that. maybe offer will be increased. i prefer these things non monetary.

citanul

johnnybeef
08-27-2005, 03:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]

i'll make you this deal: if you can get any pair of the set irie, beefy, yugo to make out at huc, with video/photo proof, i'll send you 4 cases of a good beer. hm, something like that. maybe offer will be increased. i prefer these things non monetary.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd do it, but irie only goes for strippers, and I'm out of Yugo's league.

Beefcake

ps you make it two cases of wine and its a done deal

citanul
08-27-2005, 03:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd do it, but irie only goes for strippers, and I'm out of Yugo's league.

Beefcake

[/ QUOTE ]

only nailing strippers is a policy that has its upsides and downsides.

citanul

Daliman
08-27-2005, 03:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, well, i might take you up on the wager at some point soon, who knows. i've only played like 80 200s this month though, so it wouldn't be very interesting to me to do that bet just yet.

sadly for both of us i guess, i have a perfectly serviceable 23 yo female a few feet from here, instead of one of them pregnant/moody ones like you seem to have running around. (don't you know you're supposed to leave a little time between pregnancies so you can just [censored] and have fun? ask irie.)

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]
DAMN YOU CITTY!
WHY DO YOU MOCK ME!
<------hates beer

Offering Beefy 2 cases of beer as we speak. He ain't going for it. He says rim job is as far as he'll go. Prude...

An dyeah, Prego wife is kinda a pain, but I DO have an extensive porn collection. We're old tho, we gave it about 15 months. I don't wanna be in diapers while my daughter still is.

citanul
08-27-2005, 03:31 AM
do you like wine or some other tasty thing that is fairly easilly deliverable?

not just useful for now, but for other prop bet situations in the future.

Daliman
08-27-2005, 03:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i have a perfectly serviceable 24 yo female a few feet from here

[/ QUOTE ]

http://forums.caraudio.com/vb/images/smilies/needpics.gif

Daliman
08-27-2005, 03:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
do you like wine or some other tasty thing that is fairly easilly deliverable?

not just useful for now, but for other prop bet situations in the future.

[/ QUOTE ]

Chick drinks, my man, chick drinks. The chickier, the better. But I can drink a boatload of them.

First night in LV for WSOP:
9 Kahlua and creams
1 Jagermeister xtra large shot
1 Margarita Yard-arm with 5 shots of tequila in it.
1 Kamikaze xtra large shot
No dinner.
/images/graemlins/frown.gif