PDA

View Full Version : Bonus question for SNGs

08-26-2005, 02:27 PM
Hi guys,
I played pokerstars for quite some time on the .25/50-2/4 tables and cashed out my bankroll and quit playing about a year ago. I started back up about two weeks ago with $50 on Party and messed around on the .50/1 tables. I started playing the SNGs last weekend and I'm hooked. I'm upto about ~150 and was thinking maybe trying to get a few bucks off a bonus and/or rakeback would be nice so I'm shopping around for another site that offers alot of players and active SNG games, right now I'm playing mostly 6s but I play around in .60/11s. The problem I see is that most of the sites with a bonus would have me play 500-1000 SNGs to clear the bonus, as of the last week I have only done about 40 and that would mean it would take me six months to clear. Are there any sites that have a SNG friendly bonus? Should i just split the money on Party and Poker Stars and give up on the bonus? Should I just sit on 2-4 .5/1 tables to clear the bonus? Any info would be great!

Thanks

08-26-2005, 02:43 PM
Bodog has a 'bottomless' 20% bonus. So if you deposit $100 you'll get a $20 bonus, you can get a bonus as many times as you want.

For all tourneys and SnG's you get a 200% rakeback. For example, if you play a $5 + $.5, you'll clear $1 of your bonus. Maybe that helps.

Writing this while playing 4 SnG's sucks btw. /images/graemlins/smile.gifJust finished 9th. Someone check/called 3 times with his set vs my TPTK. Grrr.

wbrumfiel
08-26-2005, 03:09 PM
I think they changed it to $1 for $1. I just started there today and I only got 3 points for my $11 tourney entry and 1.5 for my $5.5

schwza
08-26-2005, 03:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think they changed it to $1 for $1. I just started there today and I only got 3 points for my $11 tourney entry and 1.5 for my $5.5

[/ QUOTE ]

this still sounds like rake-free poker. any details?

08-26-2005, 03:20 PM
Bodog is the best as far as tourney points. I deposited $270 two Saturdays ago and earned my bonus in a week and a half playing about an hour to two hours a day about every other day. I was playing a SNG and a live .1/.25 NL game at the same time and managed to cash out with $440. Not bad for a weeks time and my first time on the site.

Beware of cashing out too early though. They "give" you 50 points right off the bat that DO NOT count towards your bonus requirement. BTW, you get 6 bonus points per $1 of tourney rake (ex. for a 10 + 1 you get 6 bonus points). You need 3 points for every dollar in bonus money. (ex. for $100 deposit, you get a $20 bonus, and you need 60 bonus points to earn your bonus not including the 50 points they give you, so total points would have to equal 110 before you cashed out.)

08-26-2005, 04:11 PM
Thanks for the info, I'll check them out tonight. Do they yell at you for abusing this offer (ie deposit /clear /withdraw /repeat)? How long does it take for a 5SNG to fill up, nothing like 30 minutes right? Does anyone run a rake back for them? Sounds like I have a new place to play /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks again!

08-29-2005, 06:07 AM
Sorry for replying this late here, but some people HAVE been warned because they abused Bodog's bonus. (BTW, bonuswhores.com is a good site for questions like that. /images/graemlins/smile.gif)

08-29-2005, 06:17 AM
Please don't; I imagine you'll significantly hurt my ROI. Did anyone remember to mention the random account closings that bodog does weekly? I'd worry about that a little.

Might I suggest you play the 20+2s? /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Bodog's really great for SnGs to be honest. They're very soft; they have a 5+.5; the blind structure is gentler than PP, plus the bonus that I'm about to get because I didn't know about it.