PDA

View Full Version : Should I bet this river??

Kyle
08-26-2005, 01:45 PM
No reads on the villian first orbit at the table

Party Poker (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds Hero raises, SB calls, BB folds</font>.

Flop: A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks. Hero best, SB calls

Turn: 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks. Hero bets, SB calls

River: 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero ?????

Final Pot:

Nietzsche
08-26-2005, 01:53 PM
With no read I check. I don't see enough hands that you beat that will call often enough for this bet to be correct.

Anders_G
08-26-2005, 01:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
With no read I check. I don't see enough hands that you beat that will call often enough for this bet to be correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

Also, there's something wrong with the position. You can't be playing 5 handed, have 3 ppl fold to you in MP and then the first one to act behind you is SB. Not that it matter, really.

stripsqueez
08-26-2005, 01:58 PM
i dont need a read - if the non aces on the board were a rank higher it would be the mother of all checks - as it is i will go with auto

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

krishanleong
08-26-2005, 01:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i dont need a read - if the non aces on the board were a rank higher it would be the mother of all checks - as it is i will go with auto

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, easy bet.

Krishan

PokerNoob
08-26-2005, 02:15 PM
I don't understand. If the non aces were a rank higher, what difference does that make?