PDA

View Full Version : Jezebel Got The Squirrel

12-30-2001, 03:23 AM
My Brother and I gave Jezebel to my mother for her Birthday. The dog stood just a little higher than two feet,very short legs, a heinz 57 variety.She came up to the edge of the cage at the pound when my brother was walking by. He knew she was the one. My mother would talk polish and english and Jez would understand. She warned mom when she was home alone.

When a squirrel or a bird would show up in the yard,just for fun, mom would say to Jezebel..."go get the squirrel Jezebel" She would let Jez out but we all knew Jez didn't have a chance to catch anything that elusive. That went on for about three years. And then one day mom said go get the squirrel Jezebel, and opened the door to let her out. Jezebel ran that squirrel down before mom knew what happened.

Jezebel and mom are no longer with us. Jezebel has been immortalized in pictures and drawing about the house and place of business. That pooch was the most Dog I have ever seen. Talk about dedication to her master. AND doing the impossible for her master.

thanks! and this is a very true story.

12-31-2001, 03:17 AM
If you can find it, you should read a short story called "A snapshot of a Dog". It is very touching and sweet. Your post reminded me of it.

happy new Year