PDA

View Full Version : AsTs Button... Too aggressive?

08-26-2005, 01:09 PM
I'm curious if I played this hand right... was I putting to much value on the flush potential? should I have folded on his reraise?

PokerRoom 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Blockndig is Button with A /images/graemlins/spade.gif, T /images/graemlins/spade.gif. MP3 posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 (poster) checks, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Blockndig raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Blockndig bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP3 folds, CO folds.

Turn: (4.75 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Blockndig bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, Blockndig calls.

River: (8.75 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Blockndig checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, Blockndig calls.

Final Pot: 10.75 BB

Duffman
08-26-2005, 01:11 PM
I would call the turn raise, and fold the river. I think you're beat after the turn raise. He might have had a King or just got his Queen and the pot isn't that big to pay one bet just in case.

Reads would help.

Fryguy
08-26-2005, 01:15 PM
I don't like leading this flop. You have gutshot + nutflush, but headsup I don't think you can valuebet here.

Check/call the turn, check/fold to a river bet (unless you improve of course).

KingOtter
08-26-2005, 01:19 PM
With 4 people in this hand and being OOP I would check this on the flop. If a person bets and there is a caller, raise for value.

Once the turn comes, however, your pot equity gets cut in half, and you have less people in the hand. Check it, and call a bet since you have plenty of odds to draw.

The only time I'd bet this turn is when it is HU and I think I have fold equity based upon the turn card. The Q isn't scary to anyone who has a K, and there isn't a completed draw on the board. So your fold equity here is virtually nil.

KO

istewart
08-26-2005, 01:25 PM
You're the button and you were first to act on each street? Or convertor error?

eviljeff
08-26-2005, 03:38 PM
the converter screws up a lot for pokerroom, specifically on position. try to preview your hands and include all the action. you're BB, not button, right?

flop: I bet here every time against any number of opponents. we want to fold something like T2 or A4.
turn: I bet here every time heads up. lots of jokers will call the flop bet with crap and muck the turn. you have a good chance to pick up the pot right here. after he raises, this is a clear call. you have a flush draw, a gutshot to the nuts, and an overcard.
river: I don't think I can call here without a strong read that villain will c/r bluff. we're almost certainly beat.