PDA

View Full Version : Roulette 3 Sigma

daiwiza
08-26-2005, 01:07 PM
Hi! /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Could anybody please tell me, what's 3-Sigma at roulette, when you always only play one number at a time?

Best regards

Dai

BruceZ
08-26-2005, 03:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hi! /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Could anybody please tell me, what's 3-Sigma at roulette, when you always only play one number at a time?

Best regards

Dai

[/ QUOTE ]

3-sigma for your losses, or 3-sigma for a particular number coming up more often than it should? Also, single 0 or double 0?

daiwiza
08-27-2005, 03:20 PM
Hi BruceZ: Ah, ok, I will be more specific: 3-sigma for a special number to come up at a single 0-Wheel (37 numbers, europe). The question I ask myself is: If I always play, let's say, the 7, then how many jetons do I have to win with it to be sure it's coming more often than random. (I think the analogon in poker is: Win 300 BB to prove you're a winning player at a given level, isn't it?!)

Best regards

Dai

daiwiza
08-30-2005, 06:52 AM
Hi!

Anybody still looking for an answer? Help really would be appreciated.

regards

Dai /images/graemlins/confused.gif

bramj
08-30-2005, 02:26 PM
If you are interested in testing whether the zero comes up more often than a different numer you shouldn't test on the variance. Let P7 be the probability of a 7 in a random round of roulette. Than you have zero hypothesis H_0: P7 = 1/37 versus H1: P7 > 1/37. This can be tested with a standard test on sample average. This would make more sense than testing the variance.

The latter would be possible however. In this case you need the variance of a uniform distribution on 0,...,n. I'm suprised you didn't google it up, but it is (n^2+2n)/12. Now you could do a ratio test o something, out of my head, I suppose you should use an $F$ statistic.

However, don't bother. Your roulette game is fair.