PDA

View Full Version : Not so sure of the line I took

montybear
08-26-2005, 12:47 PM
It's a 20 + 2 SNG at Party, mid way through level 2. I'm multitabling, so my reads aren't great. I haven't played a hand (including my level 1 blinds after raises). Both villains have been in half, or over half the pots so far. I considered both very laggy.

Villain 1 (~1000t) (UTG +2) Min-raises to 60t
Villain 2 (~1100t) (CO) calls 60t
SB calls 60t
Me (775t) in BB calls 30t with 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif

FLop (4 players) 240t :J /images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif,6 /images/graemlins/club.gif
SB checks
Me check
UTG +2 checks
CO bets 60t
SB folds
Me calls 60t
UTG +1 folds

Turn (2 players, 360t) Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Me, bet 80t, trying to represent a Q, but really trying to price my draw.
CO calls 80t

River (2 players, 520t), 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Me, bet 300t
CO calls

I'm looking for different ways to play on each street. Any thoughts?

zac777
08-27-2005, 02:59 AM
You're getting 7-1 preflop, but if you're multitabling and especially if you're playing continuously, I'd say dump this and save your energy.

You could certainly make a case for playing it though, so on to the rest..

Flop looks good. I'm assuming he could have pretty much anything at this point.

The turn move is a little unusual (I'm probably just checking against most people). If you think he will just call with a pair and would bet more if you checked, then it's good. It also sets you up to bet the river if you make your draw, which is an underrated benefit..

I like the river bet. I think it's a good size to get called by a paired Q or even J. If he's really loose it might work just as well to push, but there will probably be times when the 300 gets called that the push wouldn't.