PDA

View Full Version : Message to TruePoker

folded_a_monster
04-09-2003, 04:31 PM
I've been playing on your site for quite sometime and doing very well there, but there are a few things about your site that most players are bothered by. 1) When there is a showdown of all-in players, the cards are flipped and the pot shipped so fast that nobody can see what the hell is going on, thereby ruining all the suspense of the pot they have invested the rest of there buy-in for. 2) It is my understanding that uncalled bets are raked. While I know that this is common practice among online sites, there are a few that don't do it, and there's no reason that it should be done besides greed on the part of the site. 3) The inability to play more than one table at the same time. I know your software may limit this, but you should make an effort to have this changed. Afterall, it's just going to make you more money and keep your players busy...... Anyway, just some suggestions from one of your most active current players.

Packerfan1
04-10-2003, 09:29 AM
I have never seen an uncalled bet included in the rake calculation at True... it doesnt even go into the final pot # like it does at Party. The bet is even returned graphically without going into the pot.

Packerfn1

TruePoker CEO
04-10-2003, 11:08 AM
Thanks for the feedback.

1. Your point is a good one. We will likely change the display of cards after an all-in to adopt a slow-roll for the flop, turn or river as the case may be.

2. Truepoker does not rake uncalled bets and does not include them in the pot size figures.

3. We are considering ways to do this, it may take some time however.

Thanks for playing and thanks for your suggestions.

TruePoker Management

maplepig
04-10-2003, 11:20 AM
can I add another suggestion? Why there's no sit and go tournament? They are the best thing on line.

Miah
04-10-2003, 12:01 PM
Minor note...

I'd really appreciate an "wait for BB" option. Currently I constantly click the sit out, then sit in checkbox so I don't loose track of the button, miss my big blind and have to wait for another rotation.

Oh yeah and a delivery of the Sklanksy and Malmuth hand review session transcript would be great too /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Bubmack
04-10-2003, 01:29 PM
I think you could also use some NL tournaments.

Also, you need to configure your tournament software to not screw players when tables collapse. On more than one occasions I had to post 2 consecutive big blinds in a tournament 1 before and 1 after the tables collapsed. This is just unneccesary and unfair. Incedentally - I finished 1 out of the money in both tourneys.

Bubs

Easy E
04-10-2003, 01:42 PM
"I had to post 2 consecutive big blinds in a tournament 1 before and 1 after the tables collapsed. This is just unneccesary and unfair. Incedentally - I finished 1 out of the money in both tourneys."

You're not saying that, if you'd have had one of those blinds back, it would have made ANY difference in your bustout?
Unless you and bubble-victor both went all-in against each other and busted out simultaneously, with you being behind a little less than the BB you're complaining about, are you saying there was a prior hand where T200 or whatever would have made a difference?

Not that I disagree with your main point, but if you think that's the reason that you missed, you need to work on your game, IMUO.

Bubmack
04-10-2003, 02:52 PM
I'm not saying that is why? But I suddenly became the target of many blinds steal attempts when my stack went from something like 1200T to 900T on the second BB. Its been a while so I dont remember all of the details...But I know I doubled up once with only like 400 left to 800...so that 400 could have been 700 and that double up could have put me at 1400 T instead of 800T. So I am sure that you can see that a statement that the blinds could not have affected the outcome of tournament could be way off.

If you don't think the blinds can lead to a lost tournament then you don't play many of them.

Bubs

Easy E
04-11-2003, 09:59 AM
"But I suddenly became the target of many blinds steal attempts when my stack went from something like 1200T to 900T on the second BB. Its been a while so I dont remember all of the details...But I know I doubled up once with only like 400 left to 800...so that 400 could have been 700 and that double up could have put me at 1400 T instead of 800T. So I am sure that you can see that a statement that the blinds could not have affected the outcome of tournament could be way off."

I'm not saying that they COULDN'T have, but you were as likely to get attacked, and to go all-in for a greater amount and still get busted, with the T200-400 that you are talking about.... unless the extra chips moved you much farther up in the chip ratios.
I was questioning whether that would have made that much of a difference, as a general rule (possibly in your unique situation, it did, but it's hard for you to recall). You also might have played differently with the greater amount of chips, making guessing the results a moot point.

pudley4
04-11-2003, 12:25 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I think you could also use some NL tournaments.

[/ QUOTE ]

They do have NL tournaments now

pudley4
04-11-2003, 12:50 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
2. Truepoker does not rake uncalled bets and does not include them in the pot size figures.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was in a PL game last night. There were a few players in to see the flop. The pot was $3. Someone bet $2 on the flop, the next person raised to $7. Everyone folded. The winner of the pot only got $11 back (pots are raked $1 at $12).

Also, it appears there is a problem with how your PL games calculate the max bet allowed. 2 examples:

1. Preflop. Blinds are $1 and $1. The first person in can raise to $5. It should be $4.

2. Postflop. Last night the pot was $4. Player A bet $4. The next player (Player B) raised to $20. It should be $16.

It appears that what is happening is the software is calculating what the minimum raise must be (in #1 the minimum raise would be to $2, in #2 it would be a raise to $8) then it's adding what is currently in the pot (including the player's called bet). This is incorrect because it counts the player's call twice.

I will get the hand numbers from my play log and forward them to you.