PDA

View Full Version : Questions about the "Big Game"

NYCNative
08-26-2005, 12:30 PM
I think this is the best forum for this because the "Big Game" is all about the big name poker players - it's what they do away from the television cameras to pay the bills.

It is said to be a mixed game. How does that work? Do players choose like in our old school "dealers choice" affairs? Or do they change it up at pre-determined intervals?

Also, can anyone with the green get into the "Big Game" or does it take more than just a bankroll?

Pete
08-26-2005, 12:32 PM
they will more than welcome newbs to the big game....they like the fishy

MyMindIsGoing
08-26-2005, 12:39 PM
Mixed game: Every game that they have decided will be played for a fixed number of hands and then it switches to the next.

KidPokerX
08-26-2005, 03:41 PM
I was in Vegas last weekend and happened to be playing at Bellagio on Sat. night. In the glass doors was Jennifer Harmon, Chip Reese, and someone else (who I could recognize but not recall the name) playing 3k/6k mixed game.
Chip had a monster stack of gold (1k) chips - my estimate was $300,000-$500,000 worth. Harmon was just listening to her ipod and text messaging someone. The other guy was getting a massage from the cute blonde. Chip seemed to be the only one actually 100% focused.
Good stuff.

TheKnife
08-27-2005, 03:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Also, can anyone with the green get into the "Big Game" or does it take more than just a bankroll?

[/ QUOTE ] you need to know the secret hand shake too

Dynasty
08-27-2005, 03:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The top players like Brunson and Ivey don't like it when rich people who don't play very well sit in their game. These big game newbies end up chasing gutshots and bottom pair to suck out on the better players. Good players hate that.

jcmack13
08-27-2005, 06:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The top players like Brunson and Ivey don't like it when rich people who don't play very well sit in their game. These big game newbies end up chasing gutshots and bottom pair to suck out on the better players. Good players hate that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well then Bruson and Ivey should move up to a limit where people respect their raises.

benkahuna
08-27-2005, 08:08 PM
Or maybe they should move down to a limit where they can get a long term profit when people make fundamental mistakes like chasing gutshots.

JihadOnTheRiver
08-28-2005, 11:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dynasty, your bitterness and sarcasm is slowly becoming that of legend...and I like it. Keep it up.

slavic
08-28-2005, 07:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dynasty, your bitterness and sarcasm is slowly becoming that of legend...and I like it. Keep it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where have you been?

If he didn't post sarcastic responses to my questions I'd think he didn't love me anymore.

/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Luv2DriveTT
08-28-2005, 08:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well then Bruson and Ivey should move up to a limit where people respect their raises.

[/ QUOTE ]

nh... both of you.

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif