PDA

View Full Version : Statue Symbolisms

Jedi Poker
04-09-2003, 03:42 PM
The falling of the Saddam Hussein statue at a park in central Baghadad probably best symbolizes this historic last day (the 21st day) of the war. But there are other symbolisms within this overall symbol.

The first one was that the Iraqis (using a sledgehammer and a rope) tried to make the statue fall by themselves BUT couldn't. The Americans had to do it for them using using an armoured vehicle. This symbolizes that America's initiative and leadership was the only way the violent and criminal Saddam Regime could be toppled. The Iraqi people was powerless to do it by themselves. Only after the Americans decided to contribute their friendliness, will, power, and technological and strategic resourcefulness could the outcome be accomplished. To say nothing of the UN's and the Anti-war activists' meekness, indecisiveness, and selfishness.

Another symbolism was the American flag that the soldier used to cover the statue's face with. This symbolized a massive George Bush slap on Saddam Hussein's stupid face!

Another symbol was that despite the power of the armoured vehicle, the statue resisted by not immediately falling immediately to the ground. It just stayed there hanging horizantally for awhile while the Iraqi people threw rocks and shoes at it. This symbolizes the dictator's tenacious resolve to hold on to his evil empire and the people's suppressed anger for that evil empire. It also symbolizes the will, heroism and sacrifice on the part of the US military that was critical in bringing this outcome about.

Another symbolism was when the Soldier replaced the USA flag with an Iraqi flag. This symbolizes our LIBERATION NOT CONQUEST of Iraq.

Another symbolism was that the whole body of the statue eventually fell to the ground but the feet remained on the platform. This symbolized that "shock and awe" literally pulled the feet out of the Saddam Regime, eventually resulting in the bastard (and his supporters) falling flat on his face and having its head severed from its body. It may also symbolize my guess (you heard it here first) that Saddam may have lost his legs during the bunker blast.

I'm sure that there are many more symbolisms that can be extracted from the statue's fall. Which one's did I miss?

Jimbo
04-09-2003, 06:54 PM
"I'm sure that there are many more symbolisms that can be extracted from the statue's fall. Which one's did I miss? "

Er, don't bring a sledgehammer and a rope to a party that requires a tank and a chain? /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Mark Heide
04-09-2003, 09:22 PM
Jimbo,

It's kind of like using a bow and arrow against a tank!

Mark