PDA

View Full Version : sorry - another bad beat post - I can't take this anymore

2Fast2Furious
08-26-2005, 11:13 AM
again sorry for this but I'm still steaming and so bummed......arghhhhhhhh.......

Live $1-2 No-Limit Hold'em 7-handed game. Hero has lost big showdown to LAG/pseudo-maniac once before - early in game six-handed w/even stacks when I went all-in in in UTG+1 on twice raised pot with 3 players to act with Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif everyone folds to Villain in CO who barely has me covered and who calls and shows his K /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/club.gif Previously, I'd seen him he'd go to showdowns a lot with real junk but so far he hadn't been burned. So ok that sucks he actually had something but it happens so I rebuy (home game, you get 1). I end up being short-stacked after losing next hand on tilt with J-high flush to A-high four flush on river but start making monster comeback, down to 3 players about 2 hours later with c. $600 pot - top 2 place in the money. I've got about ~$200 in chips and Villain ~$300. Short stack with ~ $45 goes all-in against Villain with K-4 to A-3 and hits a straight on river with the 4 to stay alive and double up. Next hand I'm in big blind with A /images/graemlins/heart.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif Short stack folds, Villain in SB bets $60 (2x pot), I call. Flop is like 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif Villain bets $100, I raise all-in to ~$175 thinking he's got something like A-3-8 (i.e. something less than a 9) or maybe a small pair. Sure enough, he shows A /images/graemlins/club.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif so I'm around a 75% favorite to win and finish first against short stack (or so I think).

Turn: 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif U gotta be kidding me.

River: 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif MHING

I almost felt like crying or going on one of those WSOP rants but I refrained.....I guess that's poker but it was really brutal and I'm still asking myself "did I do anything wrong in pushing A-9 with that board and my decent read of Villain??" Any thoughts/condolences appreciated.

TheWorstPlayer
08-26-2005, 11:21 AM
wow. and wrong forum. although i don't think there is a right forum for this post, honestly.

Ghazban
08-26-2005, 11:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
wow. and wrong forum. although i don't think there is a right forum for this post, honestly.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's no cash game where 2nd place gets paid forum?

TheWorstPlayer
08-26-2005, 11:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There's no cash game where 2nd place gets paid forum?

[/ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Maybe this should go in the soon-to-be-created official high stakes railbirding forum.

Ghazban
08-26-2005, 11:33 AM
There should also be a forum for regulars who continue to bump useless threads to snipe at one another because they don't have enough to do at work /images/graemlins/wink.gif

TheWorstPlayer
08-26-2005, 11:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
There should also be a forum for regulars who continue to bump useless threads to snipe at one another because they don't have enough to do at work /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Isn't this it? (And I thought you were a professional musician. What 'work' at you 'at'?)

2Fast2Furious
08-26-2005, 11:37 AM
guys I'm crying here at my desk and getting no support!!!! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif sorry about the post!!

Ghazban
08-26-2005, 11:38 AM
I have a 22 hour/week day job that pays me health and dental benefits. I don't quite make enough gigging to live in the style to which I am accustomed. The job is nice and cushy and gives me plenty of time to post on 2+2 from 9-1. Medical benefits >>>>>> no medical benefits so, until I can win a job with an orchestra that pays benefits, I'll probably continue working here.

TheWorstPlayer
08-26-2005, 11:40 AM
Oh cool. Good luck with all that. Personally, I just work to provide a bankroll. /images/graemlins/grin.gif I guess the benefits aren't bad either.

08-26-2005, 11:44 AM
Wow, your luck is uncanny. You were 75%, I mean you were a practical lock. This thread just goes to show you that the best players are always getting burnt!

Ghazban
08-26-2005, 11:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh cool. Good luck with all that. Personally, I just work to provide a bankroll. /images/graemlins/grin.gif I guess the benefits aren't bad either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha; I don't believe for a second that your bankroll isn't self-sustaining.

TheWorstPlayer
08-26-2005, 11:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha; I don't believe for a second that your bankroll isn't self-sustaining.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, I've been getting lucky lately.

08-26-2005, 12:02 PM
Honestly, go get a life. At one table yesterday, NL100, I have KK, flop is K 2 4 rainbow, one other caller and I get it all-in on the flop for around 250. Turn comes Q, river comes Q, he flips over QQ. That's a bad beat. I think I was a little more than a 75% favorite, but no bad beat post from me.

orange
08-26-2005, 12:21 PM
This thread is ignorance.

crosse91
08-26-2005, 12:24 PM
This thread is bliss.

DyessMan89
08-26-2005, 12:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Honestly, go get a life. At one table yesterday, NL100, I have KK, flop is K 2 4 rainbow, one other caller and I get it all-in on the flop for around 250. Turn comes Q, river comes Q, he flips over QQ. That's a bad beat. I think I was a little more than a 75% favorite, but no bad beat post from me.

[/ QUOTE ]

You just did?

yvesaint
08-26-2005, 12:49 PM
Stop whining you pussy

2Fast2Furious
08-26-2005, 12:54 PM
ok guys I'm gonna suck it up and move on - yikes that running queens beat was brutal

AfricanAnimal
08-26-2005, 01:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

75%? Isn't it 990-1 to hit the queens?

2Fast2Furious
08-26-2005, 01:14 PM
I was told there was not going to be any math on this exam....

jacknine
08-26-2005, 01:42 PM
LIVE POKER IS RIGGED!!

ajmargarine
08-26-2005, 01:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
LIVE POKER IS RIGGED!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Dang. You beat me to it.