PDA

View Full Version : Question about Greenstein's "Ace on the River"

jackkingoffsuit
08-26-2005, 11:00 AM
I haven't read this book yet, but i plan on reading it in the near future, but I am curious about the section of the book regarding "poker and sexuality"? What is this about? I just don't feel like waiting for the book, and then having to read it. Anybody please!

Shecks

daryn
08-26-2005, 11:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you have sex before you go to sleep, you probably will be more rested and less distracted when you play. Therefore, a sex partner who travels with you can be a big asset. In theory, if your partner isn't with you when you go on an extended poker trip out of town, a relatively steady substitute will give you a competitive advantage.

[/ QUOTE ]

no, i'm not kidding

RicktheRuler
08-26-2005, 12:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you have sex before you go to sleep, you probably will be more rested and less distracted when you play. Therefore, a sex partner who travels with you can be a big asset. In theory, if your partner isn't with you when you go on an extended poker trip out of town, a relatively steady substitute will give you a competitive advantage.

[/ QUOTE ]

no, i'm not kidding

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome

08-26-2005, 12:40 PM
Gotta think this is funny coming from Barry Greenstein...

benkahuna
08-26-2005, 02:37 PM
He's a mass of organic tissue just like the rest of us compelled by his hypothalumus to do what is necessary for survival and the creation of offspring.

While he is masterfully unaffected and dour at the poker table, I've seen some fire in his posts.

You may not consider him a sexual or otherwise passionate person, but I think what you don't realize is that many people don't wear their emotions on their sleeves, nor express their sexuality in a way that you're accustomed to understanding.

In the final match of PS II, you can witness him start to come to life when engaged.

FrankStallone
08-26-2005, 02:50 PM
he talks about why he loves asain women. Also the best poition to really hit the G spot from the reverse cowgirl.

sfer
08-26-2005, 03:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no, i'm not kidding

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not kidding because you got blown by Bruiser in Europe.

jackdaniels
08-26-2005, 03:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no, i'm not kidding

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure if he got blown by Bruiser in Europe or not (not that there is anything wrong with it!), but I just finished this book and I believe he copied the relevant section word for word (don't have it in front of me but am pretty sure).

Rick Nebiolo
08-26-2005, 03:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
he talks about why he loves asain women. Also the best poition to really hit the G spot from the reverse cowgirl.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was going to ask what the heck is the 'reverse cowgirl" but Google once again came to the rescue. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Link: http://www.sexualpositionsfree.com/recsigofposa.html

Victor
08-26-2005, 04:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Gotta think this is funny coming from Barry Greenstein...

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, greenstein is undoubtedly a pimp.

augie00
08-26-2005, 05:10 PM
"Becoming a sugar daddy can have a devistating effect on one's bankroll"

-Barry Greenstein

08-26-2005, 05:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"Becoming a sugar daddy can have a devistating effect on one's bankroll"

-Barry Greenstein

[/ QUOTE ]How did that get past his editor?

slavic
08-26-2005, 07:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was going to ask what the heck is the 'reverse cowgirl" but Google once again came to the rescue. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Link: http://www.sexualpositionsfree.com/recsigofposa.html

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn I learn something new every day.

daryn
08-26-2005, 09:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no, i'm not kidding

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

and i almost moneyed!

tomdemaine
08-27-2005, 08:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no, i'm not kidding

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

and i almost moneyed!

[/ QUOTE ]

If only you'd SIIHP you'd have won for sure

TimTimSalabim
08-27-2005, 06:22 PM
That's taken out of context. In the very next sentence, he follows up on the 'in theory' part by saying that it's not a very good idea in practice.

benkahuna
08-27-2005, 06:44 PM
He says it's a more accepted practice in professional sports like basketball. He implies poker players aren't those kind of superstars, not yet at least.

daryn
08-27-2005, 06:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That's taken out of context. In the very next sentence, he follows up on the 'in theory' part by saying that it's not a very good idea in practice.

[/ QUOTE ]

it was taken out of context? really? funny, i THOUGHT i typed the whole book out.

mmcd
08-28-2005, 12:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no, i'm not kidding

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

and i almost moneyed!

[/ QUOTE ]

Just make sure he finishes next time.