PDA

View Full Version : Calling an all-in pre-flop with KK in 50NL

08-26-2005, 10:35 AM
Last night I was faced with a situation that would be a standard play in an on-line tournament. I was dealt KK in middle position player .25/.50 on Absolute Poker.

I got 2 limpers, raised it to $2, two folds and the button went all-in for $80 (I had about $95).

So far the button seemed like an OK player, seeing a flop out of the blinds every two orbits or so. But, interestingly, we ran into each other twice in the last two orbits with me raising him out of a hand on the turn in the first meeting and him raising me off the flop in the second hand. I expect he viewed me as a tight/aggressive player and I viewed him similarly.

Given that I felt my image was TA, I was sure that he had a hand. But the question than bothered me was: given the action so far, why go all-in? This was a tight table and a $6 raise would surely isolate it, giving him a good money making hand. Going all-in was not the correct play here for AA, I thought.

I decided to call and he did indeed have AA. I was lucky to catch my set but the hand made me wonder if the all-in move with AA was a profitable move against a tight PFR.

Under the circumstances, would you have called this?
Would you consider making this move if you have a good
read on your opp.?

MrWookie47
08-26-2005, 10:37 AM
You'll want to put this in the Small Stakes NL forum. We're all limit players here, except for Grunch, and he posts in SSNL.

08-26-2005, 10:48 AM
Yep, can you tell I'm a first timer. Am I able to move a thread to a different group?