PDA

View Full Version : Interesting bubble decision OR Evelyn Ng nude pics inside!

kevstreet
08-26-2005, 08:45 AM
Of course the former is the content of the post (sorry), but hey just typing "GIGABET" as the subject received a bajillion views.

Anyway, is this an easy push?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t300 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero (t500)
Button (t4270)
SB (t3070)
BB (t160)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666"></font>.

diebitter
08-26-2005, 08:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. It's not only easy, it's mandatory.

bennies
08-26-2005, 09:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you explain in detail why it's mandatory?

(I don't say I don't like the push, but I would like it more if Hero had less than 450 chips. Here, having t500, Hero can fold away his blinds the next hands and wait for Tiny to race for all his chips again next orbit, even if Tiny doubles or tripples up on this hand.)

Unarmed
08-26-2005, 09:14 AM
In order of attractiveness:

1) Fold
2) Call
3) Push

KramerTM
08-26-2005, 09:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]

1) Fold
2) Call
3) Push

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you suggest call here with the intention of having SB come along too? You plan on calling SB's raise if it happens, right?

Can you elaborate on these preferences please?

fnord_too
08-26-2005, 09:21 AM
Everyone saying easy push, take a look at BB's stack again....

Muck it.

Jman28
08-26-2005, 09:24 AM
I'm pretty sure this is an easy fold.

If the big stacks are very passive, a call might work, but I still think I'd fold in almost all circumstances.

08-26-2005, 09:34 AM
If he folds, and one of the big stacks raises on the next hand and the short stack calls, what does hero do? Call or fold?

QuickLearner
08-26-2005, 09:41 AM
If you push, and a big stack calls, then the BB will fold hoping that you go out. If the big stacks don't call, then the BB will probably call and then I like your chances.

As Dandy Don Meredith used to say about passing plays in football, "Three things can happen, and two of 'em are bad." I think I fold and let the big stacks take a crack at him, right?

45suited
08-26-2005, 09:50 AM
Let's say you're playing a 215. Now, take away t3000 from the button and give it to the SB. He is now the massive bigstack.

Do you push here from UTG because you fear that the bigstack SB is likely to not complete for t10 more in order to keep the bubble alive?

How often (with the stacks altered like I'm suggesting) would the SB fold in a 215 if he had t6000? Enough to force UTG to push with QT? Just curious...

45suited
08-26-2005, 09:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you push, and a big stack calls, then the BB will fold hoping that you go out.

[/ QUOTE ]

BB can't fold, he's all-in for his last t160.

QuickLearner
08-26-2005, 10:06 AM
My unfamiliarity with the converter is exposed.

kevstreet
08-26-2005, 10:20 AM
I struggled w/ a decision for a while. I try not to be results oriented so I'm still not sure if I made the right move. What pushed me towards shoving the pot was:

1.) The fact that BB was all-in no matter what alleviated my concerns over one of the 2 big stacks catching a monster... (I'd still come in 3rd)

2.) I didn't want to take the chance that the monster stacks keep the BB in the game by folding leaving him w/ 310 and me w/ 500 (in the BB next hand)

kevstreet1 is all-In [500]
SteveD7111 folds.
Radarme folds.
** Dealing Flop ** [ 3d, 5h, Tc ]
** Dealing Turn ** [ 7h ]
** Dealing River ** [ 9s ]
kevstreet1 shows [ Qh, Td ] a pair of tens.
cobra6 shows [ 8h, 4s ] high card ten.
kevstreet1 wins 340 chips from side pot #1 with a pair of tens.
kevstreet1 wins 470 chips from the main pot with a pair of tens.
cobra6 finished in fourth place.
cobra6 has left the table.
Game #2586828691 starts.

lorinda
08-26-2005, 12:04 PM
I call here and put in my last 200 if they make me.

Someone has to try to knock the guy out.

Lori

45suited
08-26-2005, 12:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this. Folding here will put you in peril far too often.

MegaBet
08-26-2005, 12:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Worst...Advice...Ever

The Yugoslavian
08-26-2005, 12:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

*nod*

Calling is goot here, IMO. Frankly, you can do just about anything probably and it's fine.

Yugoslav

skipperbob
08-26-2005, 12:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Frankly, you can do just about anything probably and it's fine.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

If Gigabet said "Hey Yugo! Eatshit&amp;Die"...Would you?

CatfishKing
08-26-2005, 01:06 PM
im here for the nude pics, so.... where are they?

pooh74
08-26-2005, 01:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah me too. Basically I want insurance on SB's holding (he has to call 10 if folded to him). Button might fold but I welcome his presence too. Call and call. go and go.

pooh74
08-26-2005, 01:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

*nod*

Calling is goot here, IMO. Frankly, you can do just about anything probably and it's fine.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

true, but I actually want SB in the hand, calling makes it more likely. I want to "collude" in this situation.

08-26-2005, 01:44 PM
Ack, no, why push? If a big stack calls you, the BB folds happily and hopes to limp into 3rd. Otherwise he calls you and you race for 3rd, after which you're complete crippled.

One of the big stacks is going to put him all in, maybe both. Let them kill him and put you in 3rd. If the BB wins the race, oh well, you've at least got enough chips that your race will leave you with meaningful chips if you win it.

kevstreet
08-26-2005, 01:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ack, no, why push? If a big stack calls you, the BB folds happily and hopes to limp into 3rd.

[/ QUOTE ]

BB is all in (see below)

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t300 (4 handed) converter

Hero (t500)
Button (t4270)
SB (t3070)
BB (t160)

08-26-2005, 02:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ack, no, why push? If a big stack calls you, the BB folds happily and hopes to limp into 3rd.

[/ QUOTE ]

BB is all in (see below)

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t300 (4 handed) converter

Hero (t500)
Button (t4270)
SB (t3070)
BB (t160)

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, my misundestanding, I though that was his post BB amount left.

Homer315
08-26-2005, 02:14 PM
There was a good discussion about a similar situation earlier this week I think. (the difference being the short stack had a full BB and the SB would have to call 150, not 10. The post started with a poll. The stack sizes were a little different, but (I think) the general consensus evolved from folding the hand to calling. The reason being is that you are making sure that someone is playing against the small stack. Here, it's likely that the SB will come along too, and maybe even the button. In addition, it's possible that one of the large stacks pushes all in, which is OK, because he may very well have a strong hand, presumably stronger than the small stack's blind hand. If the OP had more chips, I'd more inclined to fold my way into the money, but here, it's too important that you and/or the others get him out. You don't any chance of the small stack doubling up and the two of you being perilously close in stack sizes...

camo1131
08-26-2005, 02:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

1) Fold
2) Call
3) Push

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly what I thought too. How is this mandatory push? If the play is decent I would expect button and sb to just call, check down and take out the small stack. Hmmmm, must be missing something.

bball904
08-26-2005, 02:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

A call here is horrible for 2 reasons.

1. If either of the big stacks call with you it generates a T280 side pot that is worthwhile for them to bet the flop risking only T200 more to chase you out if they are any good at all. Only a horrible big stack will check this down all the way.

2. If you lose by having to fold the flop or a checkdown loses to bb, you are all-in big blind next hand instead of having 4 more hands to fold and still luck into the money.

You have to push or fold this, my preference is to push if I don't read either of the big stacks as willing to take chances.

pooh74
08-26-2005, 03:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

A call here is horrible for 2 reasons.

1. If either of the big stacks call with you it generates a T280 side pot that is worthwhile for them to bet the flop risking only T200 more to chase you out if they are any good at all. Only a horrible big stack will check this down all the way.

2. If you lose by having to fold the flop or a checkdown loses to bb, you are all-in big blind next hand instead of having 4 more hands to fold and still luck into the money.

You have to push or fold this, my preference is to push if I don't read either of the big stacks as willing to take chances.

[/ QUOTE ]

no no no no...you're missing the point.

where you been anyway? You come back after 10 mos to argue THIS point?!

Youre not folding this ever...youll check down if allowed and call if bet into. By calling you are giving incentive to other 2 live stacks calling, which is good. Basic.

raptor517
08-26-2005, 03:30 PM
shove.. limp.. fold.. who knows. i think i like a limp best though. holla

jt1
08-26-2005, 03:33 PM
My problem with calling is 'what if BB catches and looses while Hero misses completely.' Wouldn't BB get 3'rd here?

raptor517
08-26-2005, 03:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My problem with calling is 'what if BB catches and looses while Hero misses completely.' Wouldn't BB get 3'rd here?

[/ QUOTE ]

if you bust out on the same hand, whoever had the most chips before the hand started gets third. holla

Newt_Buggs
08-26-2005, 03:39 PM
calling pf then calling a bet on the flop with Q high is better than pushing to begin with.

pooh74
08-26-2005, 03:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

as raptor pointed out, no... BB has to beat you, and everyone else in the hand to get 3rd. Thats the point, other wise its a completely different situation.

bengele
08-26-2005, 03:40 PM
1. Hero pushing of &lt; 2 BB isn't going to fold many big stack hands that are ahead of him.

2. If hero pushes and gets called it is the same thing as hero limping and calling all-in.

3. Hero's hand is above average so I really don't want to fold and have bb's random hand go up against just sb's random hand where he is more likely to double up.

4. If hero limps and sb or button calls or goes all-in (forcing hero all-in) bb has to beat 2 or 3 hands to survive.

5. If hero folds or loose to only bb he is pot committed to the next hand where he is the big blind (unless some one else is all-in.)

I guess what I am really getting at is that I think hero's best chance to get ITM eliminate the bb now. I want to get as many people to gang up on bb as possible to reduce the odds that he survives.

Limp call all-in the line I would take.

testaaja
08-26-2005, 04:18 PM
I would fold so BB (t160) could go broke. Seriously, where are the nude pics /images/graemlins/grin.gif

lorinda
08-26-2005, 04:20 PM
What happens if they all fold?

Lori

BigHobo
08-26-2005, 08:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

1) Fold
2) Call
3) Push

[/ QUOTE ]

lastchance
08-26-2005, 08:54 PM
Well, since calling is almost always better than pushing, you can't push. (really don't want SB to fold here, cuz you want BB out, and you're doing everything to make sure BB dies).

I call here, instead of fold, because having everyone fold to BB or something bites, and you have a semi-decent hand that will help knock BB out.

Call.