PDA

View Full Version : Noobs report in.

The once and future king
08-26-2005, 08:41 AM
Last 8 weeks or so seem to have been a massive influx of new posters onto this forum.

I am just curious to know how you found out about this website and how long you had been playing before you started to visit the establishment.

08-26-2005, 08:44 AM
Sup bro,

Been lurking since May, been playing since Feb.

Found this site after purchasing HEPFAP and noticed the URL on the back cover.

kevstreet
08-26-2005, 08:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Last 8 weeks or so seem to have been a massive influx of new posters onto this forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking the exact same thing. I'll look at the amount of posts, it'll read 1100 then I look at the "reged" and it reads Aug 01 2005. Hey, it's kind of cool, I'm feeling like I have been here for a while!!

downtown
08-26-2005, 10:21 AM
I started playing poker seriously and lurking 2+2 boards about a year ago, and registered last December. I found out about them from the cover of TPFAP & then I devoured a few other 2+2 books and realized they were quality. Like many here I am guessing, I am competitive and want to be the best at whatever game I play. (Also I have an engineering degree, which is apparently a prerequisite to post here.) I played limit and bonus whored from August '04 to May of this year or so, started at .50/1 and worked my roll up to 5/10, and just recently started SNGs more seriously this summer, working from 6s to 33s.

I started posting more here when I felt more familiar and comfortable, so that I could hopefully contribute and not detract. It's intimidating to post something different from someone who 8-tables 215s or pose a question to them when you know ish about SNGs. Now I would rather make a mistake here than on the table, so I try to respond to questions and then see what others have discussed. It's helped my game, no doubt, but it's tough to do at first.

I'll be around a while I'm guessing.

downtown
08-26-2005, 10:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking the exact same thing. I'll look at the amount of posts, it'll read 1100 then I look at the "reged" and it reads Aug 01 2005. Hey, it's kind of cool, I'm feeling like I have been here for a while!!

[/ QUOTE ]

n00b i registered way before you!

quinn
08-26-2005, 10:24 AM
A lot of google searches bring up 2+2

kevstreet
08-26-2005, 10:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

n00b i registered way before you!

[/ QUOTE ]

and you have A LOT more posts than me as well... DAMN!!

08-26-2005, 10:50 AM
just registered today, starting to play more online and always interested in how people view the game

08-26-2005, 11:13 AM
Hmm.. my first post here. /images/graemlins/smile.gif I've been lurking here for a while, and I came here because I have 2+2 books. I've been playing poker for a few months now, and I think I still suck, but I'm getting better.

I'll be posting in the HUSH forums and this one mainly, because I play $3/$6 SH and a few SNG's every now and then.

shermn27
08-26-2005, 11:17 AM
Been lurking for a year. Made my first posts this summer. Starting seriously playing limit hold'em this summer (before it was just for drinking money /images/graemlins/smile.gif ). Just started getting into tournament poker this month, esp. SnG. Have a lot to learn on this board.

puzzlemoney
08-26-2005, 11:26 AM
I've been lurking forever, mostly on the limit boards, but I've recently been playing more SnGs, and I've found this to be one of the better forums, so I'm going to try to post a bit.

Typically, I found out about every poker resource I could when I started playing, so I came to 2+2 before I even signed up to play online. I'm not sure how I came across it, but I'm glad it stuck out somehow... Woulda been bad if I'd been lurking at some of the forums I've seen...

08-26-2005, 11:33 AM
Been reading the board off and on for a few months, just registered in the last week or so.

I've been playing for a little under a year, pretty much only live games. I love tournaments, have a local game that I play every week, usually around 10 people, sometimes a few more.

Found the 2+2 forum from HoH and started lurking. And now that I'm getting more and more into poker, I naturally want to improve my game so I figured I'd start reading more often. Haven't posted much yet, but I'm hoping to start posting more often soon...

08-26-2005, 11:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Typically, I found out about every poker resource I could when I started playing, so I came to 2+2 before I even signed up to play online. I'm not sure how I came across it, but I'm glad it stuck out somehow... Woulda been bad if I'd been lurking at some of the forums I've seen...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad I've found 2+2 too. There are plenty of really good players posting here, and all the other players are trying to improve their game, and learn from the good players. If someone posts here 'should I push this pretty strong hand with X blinds left?' it's often agreed that its an autopush, for example.
On other forums they could discuss similar hands for pages..

Jakob
08-26-2005, 12:01 PM
I have been lurking for some time, but has just recently began posting.

I learned about 2+2 on some of the danish pokerboards. But the danish boards are getting to stupid, so I will start spending more time on 2+2.

08-26-2005, 12:54 PM
A friend showed my this site quite a while back, but after a lot of reading have only now decided to post.

CatfishKing
08-26-2005, 01:01 PM
ive been lurking for 2 years now, never really posted much

08-26-2005, 01:07 PM
Got my old sn banned. Lurked. Back at college now so I figure I might post once or twice.

OCW

fnord_too
08-26-2005, 01:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Got my old sn banned. Lurked. Back at college now so I figure I might post once or twice.

OCW

[/ QUOTE ]

Your logo is unclear, fix that! (I had to check the properties to confirm it was VT.)

Drz81
08-26-2005, 01:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was thinking the exact same thing. I'll look at the amount of posts, it'll read 1100 then I look at the "reged" and it reads Aug 01 2005.

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't forget us opposite types. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

camo1131
08-26-2005, 02:06 PM
Seeing as I have <50 posts I guess I fall under this category.

Found the site by reading Sklansky and have been lurking for about 6 months just know beginning to post. Been playing for fun for several yrs but seriosuly just in the last yr.

Pete H
08-26-2005, 02:06 PM
Been lurking since about last March.

I've been playing poker over 20 years, but it was mostly with friends and I never took it seriously.

Last January I made my first (and hopefully last) online deposit and after a while I started to really study the game.

Found about this site from the 2+2 books.

Manque
08-26-2005, 02:33 PM
I Started playing low limits about a year ago. Lost a few hundred dollars playing. Friend recommended 2+2. Didn't help much for my limit game (my fault, I was an irregular reader at best. )

Around December I started playing Sng's. Got hooked, gave up limit confident I could beat this game. Promptly lost $600 at the $10's. Started reading the STT forum a lot. Was very impressed at the quality of advice. Came across MJ's article on Blind stealing. That alone turned me from a losing to winning player at the $10s

For the past few months I've been reviewing my hand histories, and decided if I'm going to do that, it would behoove me to start posting.

Just want to add how grateful I am to all the posters in this forum. Without your advice I probably would have quit poker.

08-28-2005, 04:07 PM
I've been reading the forum for about a year now, but only signed up recently.

Started off at the 5s and moved up gradually, now i 4 table the 33s.

08-28-2005, 04:22 PM
Do you have a link to that article about blind stealing?

crew
08-28-2005, 09:25 PM
I found 2+2 from a Card Player about 3 years ago. Lurked for about 2 years and then decided to register. For whatever reason, I never read anything strategy orientated. Am I the only one that reads these forms in order to see monitor setups and listen to stories of people playing 500 STT in a day. I'm sure I could probably learn more if I read about things other than monthly ROI's and "Is this sustainable?" posts.

BTW: 43% ROI
46% ITM
n = 600

This is sustainable. I'm not asking.
Anyone have an ROI higher than their ITM for any sample 500 or larger?