PDA

View Full Version : Poker Academy?

Piper Tim
08-26-2005, 08:01 AM
Does anybody have this program? If so, has it helped to improve your game?

I downloaded the demo version and it has a nice look to it. Wanted to know if anybody has actually used it, as it claims to have a more advanced AI that adapts to your game.

08-26-2005, 08:56 AM
I just saw it on P2P for free. Not the 2.0 version but the 1.5 version. I'm not sure if it would work but it looks legit. I already have it so I'm not downloading it but thought I'd pass the word on. I used Emule to find it.

08-26-2005, 02:58 PM
Could you post the actual link?

MaxPowerPoker
08-26-2005, 03:17 PM
I just got my free copy of Poker Academy Pro 2.0 yesterday through a pokersource online promo. Very simple to sign up, play a few hands and get an activation code. A lot less trouble and more legal than stealing it.

theRealMacoy
08-26-2005, 04:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Does anybody have this program? If so, has it helped to improve your game?

I downloaded the demo version and it has a nice look to it. Wanted to know if anybody has actually used it, as it claims to have a more advanced AI that adapts to your game.

[/ QUOTE ]
edited
okay...i thought you were new but apparently you have yet to discover the search so i left the rest the post....

- before you post use the SEARCH function as most questions that new posters ask will have been discussed many, many, many times before.

....the search would look something like this...
into the KEYWORD SEARCH TERMS type: +"poker academy" -re:

-the two words in quotations limits the result to posts with exactly that saying/word sequence
-using the + sign limits the result to those that include those words
-the - sign acts to keep posts out of the results that have those words....in this case excluding re: means that only original posts will show up and not replies

...next choose a reasonable time frame...say newer than one year...
...next choose the foruem....software in this case....

...if you had done this you would find at least 20+ posts of information...

in the future if you use the search function you will avoid getting flamed (by posting questions that have been asked and answered numerous times before) and of course you will gain the added benefit of finding the info you that you seek

cheers and welcome to the forums,
the Real Macoy

theRealMacoy
08-26-2005, 05:23 PM
to answer your original question...

i own PA pro and it is an excellent program for working on your game.

there are a number of different bots that each have specific functions (6-7 diffent ones). you can set up new players with each bot as the engine and then set the player's playing tendencies.

yes, there is a bot that is specifically for HU NL holdem and will learn to exploit your weaknesses.

many of the bots are adaptive and thus will learn to play against you. i found that after about 1000 hands i was having trouble beating the bots and had to really look at my game to find the leaks (of which there were many).

you can play single and multi table tournaments as well in both nl and limit.

i felt it was well worth the investment although i cannot comment on the latest 2.0 version as i own 1.5.....you will find that info in some excellent previous discussions

cheers,
the Real Macoy

Piper Tim
08-26-2005, 07:33 PM
Thank you for both the search tutorial and your evaluation.

[ QUOTE ]
okay...i thought you were new but apparently you have yet to discover the search so i left the rest the post....

[/ QUOTE ]

I did use the search but not very effectively.

[ QUOTE ]
if you had done this you would find at least 20+ posts of information...

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, only 1, using the search parameters you described. But, now I see how to do an effective search, I was able to fiddle around with it and find other posts.