PDA

View Full Version : Doubting myself - need a once over.

CaptainCrunch
08-26-2005, 06:18 AM
*generic vent about suckouts and 0 action monster hands*

Ok, onto the content.

Villain has played every single hand for 3 orbits. Won't fold, but he's won 90% of them because he caught some piece of the board and people kept calling him with Ace high.

too passive? I'm guessing yes.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, BB folds, Hero calls, MP folds.

I should have bet this, I know I should have. Bah.

Turn: (5.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero...?

I'm guessing I should give up the hand at this point. Villain likes his hand enough to bet it. At this point, I'd handed 3 other raised PF no board connected hands to him since he caught bottome pair.

BB is a calling station, SB is completely random. Raising one street, folding the next, didn't have a lock on him by then.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (9 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero....Value bets? (I was sorta worried about the flush, but no one showed any aggression after that pre-flop cap.)
Final Pot: 9 BB

Anyhow, I just wanted to thank you guys for the input and assistance. I know how you hate when someone complains of a downswing, so I attempted to make this constructive rather than "oh please, pat me on the back" What I need is either info or an asskicking to get my crap straight, cause *something* ain't right.

Self analysis is telling me I need to listen to what the board and other's actions are telling me, and let go of more hands that ain't the nuts when turn c/r'd or even just raised...and let go of MANY more when raised on the river. I'm not going to post stats, because my sample size is meaningless.

Also, is there a reccomendation for what sorts of hands to post up? in the past I've tried to bracket the hands I post, between ones I was confidant of, ones I was lost in, and neutral. Lately, I've felt more lost...hence what got posted.

SavageMiser
08-26-2005, 06:35 AM
Hand 1 ... Hero folds. King high!

Hand 2 ... if BB is a calling station, what does he cap PF with? AA-QQ, AKs, AQs? Anything else? Better yet, what could he possibly have that you could beat? Check the river. You're only losing money if he's got TT.