PDA

View Full Version : BB Jackpot or rakeback?

08-26-2005, 04:37 AM
I'm currently playing on a Party skin so that I get some rake back. But I was wondering if it would be more profitable to play in the PP Bad Beat jackpot because the players might be more weak there, even though that way I wouldn't receive any rake back.

Do any of you guys have an opinion on this?

Piiop
08-26-2005, 04:59 AM
Just do the math and figure it out.

How much to you earn normally? How much will rakeback give you? How much will the BBJ tables increase your earn? How much will the extra rake reduce your earn?

08-26-2005, 05:16 AM
I'm earning now 3BB/100 and I get about .5BB/100 from rakeback (I play $3/$6). I figure the extra rake will cost me .5BB/100 so the weaker players need to increase my earn by at least 1BB/100.

Right now when I'm playing $3/$6 there are normally only 2 or 3 fishes at a table. I figure that when there are 5 or 6 fishes/table at the BB jackpot that might increase my winning rate by a lot, I just don't know by how much.

Piiop
08-26-2005, 05:31 AM
1 BB/hour is a pretty huge amount to make up thru bad players at a full table.

I play at the BBJ tables sometimes. There are certainly bad players there and more come in when the jackpot gets bigger. However, it's very unlikely that your gain from these players will ever been enough to compensate. Especially since you're playing lower limits where the extra BBJ rake is a larger % of your earn.

ebranig
08-26-2005, 06:45 AM
3bb over how many hands? I'm calling bullshit.