PDA

View Full Version : 8B - folding to often?

08-26-2005, 02:59 AM
When playing is it pretty normal to fold on 4th if you brick and atleast 2 people are showing 2 lo cards? If the brick gives me a 4 flush I'll usually see 5th though. Depends on the players and the betting. A paired door card or 2 big suited cards(especially if they were aggressive on 3rd) getting real aggressive on 4th along with a couple lows, I'll usually fold.

What about having 4 lo and bricking on 5th? I've been folding if it's pretty obvious someone looks to have a made high and atleast one player going for lo looks to have made a good lo. If they're showing an 8 and 5-7 then I've been calling a bet if I've got a 6 hi lo going and a miracle at making a straight or flush on 7th assuming I catch my lo. This is if it's just 3 of us. If there's 4 or more people in the pot still I'm calling a single bet pretty much every time. Since many folks won't lay down a made lo I'm sure this is the right play, a second brick and it's a fold.

I've been trying to play good and tight but wonder if I may be over doing it at times. The last couple nights my 4th street seen has been around 21%, 5th has been about 12% and 6th was 9%.

I've got Ray Zee's book on order and should have it Friday sometime. This is basically how I've been playing since I started playing this game about a month ago. I'm wondering if I was just getting cards and getting lucky possibly over the past month?

Thanks

djr
08-26-2005, 04:42 PM
this sounds reasonable. Although, it's much better to stick around when you brick on 5th if you have a shot at the high as well as the low. If you're just chasing half the pot you're either losing big, or winning small.