PDA

View Full Version : update on UB (lc)

trainslayer
08-26-2005, 02:31 AM
Not long ago I made a post (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=inet&Number=3163613&Forum= ,All_Forums,&Words=&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=316 3613&Search=true&where=&Name=27399&daterange=&newe rval=&newertype=&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Po st3163613) in the Zoo about my dislike of UB. I still don't particularly care for the site. I don't like the chat box, i don't like how the software works, I don't like having to use the hh grabber, (I sent support an email requesting two hand histories that I failed to save about my 2nd day and I have yet to hear back from them), I sent them an email about the obnoxious chat of a player and the reply I received back was some form letter about tourney technical difficulties that had been rectified.

I also took a shot at 1/2 again and got my azz handed to me. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif But that aint really the fault of the site. As far as I can tell. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

What I am in love with is the quality of the games. Dammit boy. If you can't beat the games there you need to quit.
Granted, the number of games available is not always great but the quality of the players seems to be a dream come true. (I ain't made it to party yet so I can't compare.)

I've played just over 4k hands in the last week and while I've been card dead and am down about $100 (only $20 w/cleared bonus) I couldn't be more excited. The players there are just horrible. I bet I haven't seen 4 or 5 players at the .50/1 or 1/2 6max tables with vpip < 40%. Most are up around 50 - 60.

I apoligize to any UBers how would just as soon I keep my opinions to myself but I can't help it.

Here's just an example of some of the play I've seen there.
Finished off my session this evening and decided to play a little .5/1 kill. Couldn't believe I took down the pot. I just knew with all the callers SOMEBODY would have me beat.
(BTW, I had to delete the word kill from the hh to get it to work in bison's converter. The converter site says that the UB history has to be from the online display, but I took my out of PT.)

Ultimate Bet 0.50/1 Hold'em Kill(10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (8 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(8 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG folds.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB folds.

River: (12.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds.

Final Pot: 15.50 BB

Hero has 9d As (one pair, aces).
MP2 has Qc Js (one pair, queens).
CO has 8c Ac (one pair, aces).
Outcome: Hero wins 15.50 BB.

And this is a marginal hand for me UTG+1. But I KNEW that there were going to be lots of callers and probably not a raise. (and I was prepared to drop it like a potato if there had been any action behind me. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif )

Anyways, sorry for the ramblin.
Later, Bob.

Cosimo
08-26-2005, 02:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I apoligize to any UBers how would just as soon I keep my opinions to myself but I can't help it.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/mad.gif tho I've done the same myself. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

A few things annoy me about UB:

(1) If the buy-in button loses focus for any reason it wipes out anything you had typed there. So if you buy in for anything other than the standard 50BB, it's a [censored] pain in the ass.

(2) Sometimes it decides to hide your action buttons, usually when a player times out. If you had an auto-action prior to that, there's no way to remove it. Misclicks are worse when the software doesn't let you fix it.

(3) If you decide to wait for the blinds but then change your mind... bzzt. No go. I really wish they had a "wait for blinds" checkbox so I wouldn't even have to click the first time.

(4) The multiple "warning! you're playing for money" "this is a kill game!" windows piss me off. They make multi-tabling harder.

(5) All of the UB windows freeze up when one new table is connecting. Gaaaay.

(6) I wish there was some sort of dead grace period on the pre-action buttons. Say I decide to limp in, then right before I click it gets raised. The click still goes through, even though the bet amount changed just a millisecond before I got there. Maybe even later, due to the way their buttons work.

--

On the other hand, miniview is the best thing going, their waitlist works far better than Party's, miniview is awesome, cashout is very quick, the mini view window is extremely easy to read and use, and play is far faster there than at any other site I've played.

--

Finally, this could probably go in the Internet forum.

trainslayer
08-26-2005, 02:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Finally, this could probably go in the Internet forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah I know, just wanted to give the heads up to other ML guys and wasn't sure they'd see it in the zoo.

[ QUOTE ]
(6) I wish there was some sort of dead grace period on the pre-action buttons. Say I decide to limp in, then right before I click it gets raised. The click still goes through, even though the bet amount changed just a millisecond before I got there. Maybe even later, due to the way their buttons work.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haven't had this problem. Learned a long time ago at stars if the action is to my immediate right don't do anything until it's my turn. Took me about 3 or 4 calls when I meant to check to learn.

Roadstar
08-26-2005, 11:34 AM
FYI - calling with A9o UTG+1 is a pretty big leak...

deception5
08-26-2005, 11:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup

benkath1
08-26-2005, 12:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like A8s much better.

bozlax
08-26-2005, 12:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like A8s much better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup. Even A5s.

trainslayer
08-26-2005, 09:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you didn't read all the way down...

[ QUOTE ]
And this is a marginal hand for me UTG+1. But I KNEW that there were going to be lots of callers and probably not a raise. (and I was prepared to drop it like a potato if there had been any action behind me. )

[/ QUOTE ]

This was a .5/1 kill game. Only second time I've sat in one. I ain't played probably 10 hands whole session. I was through playing poker for the evening. I was drinking beer. I'm drinking beer now. /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

edit: /images/graemlins/crazy.gif went back and checked PT for stats on A9o...
(i ain't learnt to post images yet...)

33.3k total hands
A9o 317 times, win% 11.67, net 10.75, blind 91 times, ccpf 1, vpip 29.34 /images/graemlins/crazy.gif /images/graemlins/crazy.gif, wwsf 27.12, pfr 9.46, rfi(don't know what this is) 5.99, LwPC (don't know either) 12.30, wtsd 35.59, w$sd 50.0.

thanks for the pointer...

@bsolute_luck
08-26-2005, 09:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you didn't read all the way down...

[ QUOTE ]
And this is a marginal hand for me UTG+1. But I KNEW that there were going to be lots of callers and probably not a raise. (and I was prepared to drop it like a potato if there had been any action behind me. )

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that reasoning even makes your decision worse, though i guess the beer factor can be an excuse /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

FWIW: i really hated UB for all the suckouts and went through the most horrific downswing of my life there (-2BB/100 for 7k hands). now i'm battling out of it and am actually glad for it. i feel i'm a much better player now, have stopped most of my continuation bets on the flop, learned to check with outs, have faith in my reads and stop paying off when i know better, and while still aggressive, have found better spots to be aggressive.

(though i might add i had KK 5 times in 200 hands today and an Ace fell every time /images/graemlins/mad.gif thankfully one of the hands my K came to and they paid very much /images/graemlins/grin.gif)

trainslayer
08-26-2005, 10:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
that reasoning even makes your decision worse

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that I think about your right. I just knew that I would get to see the flop cheaply. I'd been sitting at this table for about an hour and this hand was a good representative of the play so far. And I wasn't there really playing poker. In hindsight I probably should have gone to a smaller limit to just play around.