PDA

View Full Version : $55 - getting away from AA postflop

Isura
08-26-2005, 01:01 AM
Maybe I suck, but I have a hard time folding here. Am I crushed here?
BTW, I had AA the last hand, but didn't show down after someone else folded to a river bet.

** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to testbatsmen1 [ As Ad ]
Don_Jc23 folds.
varisitybake folds.
daaplaya folds.
testbatsmen1 raises [60].
naw_butzie folds.
thehooj folds.
cjwood2001 folds.
RandomE folds.
ericcardgame calls [45].
** Dealing Flop ** [ 9d, Qs, 8c ]
ericcardgame checks.
testbatsmen1 bets [100].
ericcardgame raises [200]

08-26-2005, 01:06 AM
If you get AA twice in a row, you alwasy win the 2nd time!!!!

Back to the hand, he might thing your just aggresive from last hand, and thinks a raise will get you out. I would probebly re-raise, and expect to see AQ. Your preflop raise was also too small, and lets crappy hands hit vs you sometimes. Other than that pooosh!!!

jeffraider
08-26-2005, 01:07 AM
I would never fold here ever but I don't play $55s yet so . . .

Myst
08-26-2005, 01:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would never fold here ever but I don't play $55s yet so . . .

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously this is read dependent.

08-26-2005, 01:18 AM
Looks like AQ and he doesn't wanna give a free card on that board if he's ahead. I'd consider calling here, but probably would push. I can't fold here, but I don't play your stakes.

tech
08-26-2005, 01:53 AM
What are the stack sizes? I would not fold here, but the line I would take would depend on the stacks.

mikeyworm
08-26-2005, 04:03 AM
I assume stacks are around 1K as this is the first level. This being the case I am pushing here and expect to be ahead almost every time.

edit: i have found that players love to slowplay in the 55s so I see very few hands that hero is behind on the flop. Let's get the money in.

Isura
08-26-2005, 05:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]

What are the stack sizes?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry. Effective stack is about 1k (his stack).

fnord_too
08-26-2005, 09:52 AM
Stacks all ~1k, 10/15 blinds?

I call the flop and re-evaluate on the turn. If a blank comes off, I bet and and probably go to the felt if he plays back since the pot is so big. It is really hard to get away from overpairs on draw heavy boards. This board can hit the range of BB defendable hands a lot of ways, and his mini raise can mean anything from TJ to a small pocket pair that puts you on AK. If a T or a J comes on the turn you are in rough waters.

08-26-2005, 10:21 AM
Your only behind 99,88,JT.

QQ is almost out of the question because he would've reraised pf. I dont think he would play with JT out of position but then again, I dont know how donkish the $55s are. So his only likely holdings that beat you are a low set.

Push it....for some reason, I cant get away from a hand if I think they might have a set. It just seems that 1/8 of the time I lose my money, but the other 7/8ths make it all back. meh.

Gbob
08-26-2005, 10:23 AM
Looking at the range of hands he could be playing, I can't see a good way to get away from this one....nor any reason why you should. I agree that a read is important in this case. If he had QQ or 99 I see him raising pre-flop. Doesn't fit. Q9? Possible, I guess. QJ, QK or QA fits pretty well, in which case you're golden. J10 makes the most sense however, in which case you're beat. Hmmm....

If he flopped the straight, I see him just calling in this case. (obviously you would have a better read on him, so take that for what it's worth)

Nope. I see it more as him having TPTK. You're stuck. You have to call, and then fire at the pot again to see where you stand.

Tough spot.

fnord_too
08-26-2005, 10:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Your only behind 99,88,JT.

QQ is almost out of the question because he would've reraised pf. I dont think he would play with JT out of position but then again, I dont know how donkish the $55s are. So his only likely holdings that beat you are a low set.

Push it....for some reason, I cant get away from a hand if I think they might have a set. It just seems that 1/8 of the time I lose my money, but the other 7/8ths make it all back. meh.

[/ QUOTE ]
You are also behind 89, Q9, and Q8 here. Villain is in the BB in level one, so you cannot just ignore these. Also, if you push here you are probably blowing villain off a lot of hands you would not mind playing on against, but are definitely getting called by all better hands.