PDA

View Full Version : too passive or decent line vs aggro??

Just_Like_on_TV
08-26-2005, 12:55 AM
Villain (SupaLAG) was 20/17/18 after about 50 hands, and as his stats show, was quite efficient at clicking his raise button.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. CO (20/17/18 SupaLAG)/ posts a blind of $3.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO (20/17/18 SupaLAG)/ 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">20/17/18 SupaLAG raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.25 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">20/17/18 SupaLAG bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9.25 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">20/17/18 SupaLAG bets</font>, Hero calls.

I bet out because I very well may have the best hand, and I knew he'd raise and it'd hopefully push the 3rd guy out. From there on, I hated going into calldown mode, but is that a decent line in this situation? Assuming this isn't horrid, would I be best to bet on the river and if so, generally should I fold or call a raise (and what size would the pot have to be to call it, in your opinions, given no read other than he's a short-term maniac). Also, does the A on the end change whether I bet the river or just check/call at all? Thx in advance.

bobhalford
08-26-2005, 01:06 AM
I might bet the turn and fold to a raise. You called his 3 bet on the flop and are representing a K, JJ, or QQ. If he raises you on the turn, you are beat by a set or AK, unless you think he's capable of raising again on a flush draw. Betting allows you to see where you are at. However, if he just calls, you may still be beat by something like KJ, and he's not folding that on the river when the A comes. The A on the river is a bad card for you, but given the way you played it, I would reluctantly call since he could have 99, a busted non-nut flush draw or worse 10% of the time.

08-26-2005, 01:14 AM
I think I'd 3-bet the flop and probably lead that turn even if he caps (assuming he is the kind of crazy I'm thinking he is). After that I probably pussy out. That river sucks.

TheHip41
08-26-2005, 01:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I might bet the turn and fold to a raise. You called his 3 bet on the flop and are representing a K, JJ, or QQ. If he raises you on the turn, you are beat by a set or AK, unless you think he's capable of raising again on a flush draw. Betting allows you to see where you are at. However, if he just calls, you may still be beat by something like KJ, and he's not folding that on the river when the A comes. The A on the river is a bad card for you, but given the way you played it, I would reluctantly call since he could have 99, a busted non-nut flush draw or worse 10% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

With an aggression factor of 18? You will be ahead a lot more often than 10 percent of the time. I'd bet/call the turn, and check/call that particular river card.