PDA

View Full Version : Loose game, big pair,

Bartholow
08-26-2005, 12:24 AM
So when I get up and start playing, between 8:30 and 10:30 ET, the $20/$40 games are often not both full, but the pot averages are well over $200 often. In the evening I often look and the pot average is like $88.

This is a morning game /images/graemlins/wink.gif. Very loose. I didn't raise 3rd in hopes of raising 4th and knocking some people out.

Thoughts?

7 Card Stud High ($20/$40), Ante $2, Bring-In $5 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.hta.txt))

3rd Street - (0.70 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif___brings-in
Seat 2: xx xx T/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Seat 3: xx xx A/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Hero: K/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls

4th Street - (1.70 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls
Seat 2: xx xx T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls
Seat 3: xx xx A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___bets___calls
Hero: K/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif___raises

5th Street - (4.85 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif___bets
Seat 2: xx xx T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls
Seat 3: xx xx A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls
Hero: K/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls

6th Street - (8.85 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets
Seat 2: xx xx T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif___checks___calls
Seat 3: xx xx A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif___checks___calls
Hero: K/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif___checks___calls

Roland
08-26-2005, 08:21 AM
Lol - this looks familiar. I only played in that game once and only for a few hours or so, but what struck me was that people don’t like to be knocked out. I don’t know what it is - maybe they just don’t like being pushed around.

I think 3rd street could go either way - you’re hand is probably strong enough to raise for value with a live straight-flush kicker, but waiting till 4th is also good.
Just that nobody folded. Doh.

I don’t think I’d fold on 5th either - the pot is pretty big and a trey just fell dead. You probably have the best draw a significant amount of the time.

Jeffage
08-26-2005, 08:33 AM
Looks like a good game. If they had the $3 ante, it would be this good all the time!! I like your play on every street...raising 3rd has few benefits esp. bc you know the ace will likely open and you can raise no matter what. His 3rd street play makes it less likely he started with aces. As this hand develops, I don't see you folding and I don't see you raising. So, what can you do but see it out?

Jeff

BTirish
08-26-2005, 09:29 AM
I'm telling you, it's like herding cats sometimes.

BeerMoney
08-26-2005, 09:46 AM
How'd they know you were bluffing?

Bartholow
08-26-2005, 06:36 PM
I caught a blank on 7th and it checked around. Seat 1 won with jacks and threes. Seat 2 had tens and fives. Seat 3 had a pair of aces. Guess I wasn't the only one who didn't think there was a point to raising third /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

I don't think I learned anything from this hand, except that my opponents were calling stations.

08-26-2005, 07:17 PM
I would prefer to raise on third, trying to make it three handed at least. The one hand you might have gotten out, either with your raise or the combined raising of you and the aces would have had a good chance of knocking out seat one, the one who eventually won the hand. Simplify your life, simplify your hands, and thus simplifier your wins.

Bartholow
08-26-2005, 07:33 PM
It seems to me that you are BOTH being results oriented (I would have knocked out the hand that won) AND ignoring the result that I was up against a pair of aces. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Seriously, I thought my best chance of getting people out in this case was to wait to raise. You could be right though.