PDA

View Full Version : Did I do anything wrong?

08-26-2005, 12:13 AM
Okay,

I am button with KJo.

UTG/Villian calls, folded to hero who limps, SB folds and BB Checks.

Flop is 5h Jh 8d.
BB bets, Villian Calls, Hero Raises, BB folds, Villian calls

I dont like the flush draw here.

Turn 7d
Villian checks, Hero Bets, Villian calls

Now two flush draws and a straight. Was hoping to push him out if he had backdoors.

River Ac
Villian Bets, Hero calls

Villian had played weak, should I have layed down the jacks when he showed aces?

AAA_Ken

Paxosmotic
08-26-2005, 12:17 AM
I raise it preflop to (hopefully) get it heads up, but other than that nice hand. On the turn you have zero fold equity on a board like this, so if you're going to bet, make it solely for value.

Online247
08-26-2005, 12:21 AM
Are you comfortable with raising this preflop? You have a decent starting hand with position, and the blinds still to act. You don't want to price in the SB, and you would like BB to dump is hand.

This is considered a position raise/iso raise. I raise here with many other hands. QTs, 9Ts, 66, the list goes on. It's all about taking control of the hand.

Now back to the hand, you played it fine (except preflop), and the river is read dependent. Remember that villian has seen you be aggresive on the flop and the turn. Do you think he'd bet here with something you can beat? It sure looks like a vaule bet, but then again I don't know how villian has been playing up to this point, or his feelings about your play.

Jaran
08-26-2005, 12:22 AM
Raise pf.

-Jaran