PDA

View Full Version : Alternative Lines - KTo

jrbick
08-25-2005, 11:58 PM
Just wondering how other (better... much better... which doesn't take much) people would play this.

Villain (yeah right... he's no villain, he's a victim) - no real read on him, but he looks to be the avg. fish.

He obviously has something here, but I doubt it's the other K (frequency) and I didn't want to give my hand away HU.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, SB completes, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (4 SB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, MP folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (3 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (5 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 9 BB

wheelz
08-26-2005, 12:13 AM
You have the button, a pretty good hand, and a seeming average fish is the only limper in front of you. Raise preflop.

Not much you can do postflop without a read. I usually fastplay hands like these on the flop, simply because no one expects you to play a big hand that way. If you run into another big hand, you'll get paid off big time, and even if you're up against only a T or something you might get a bit more money in, since a lot of players I think will not bet into you again on the turn or river fearing you're slowplaying a K. So you'll get an extra SB at the minimum.

Can't complain with your line though.

bank
08-26-2005, 12:14 AM
Don't get fancy in a 1/2 game play ABC against those fish. RAISE PREFLOP! isolate that limper / for value / for position. Raise this flop he won't think you have the K and there are other hands that will give you a lot of action ...this isn't a board or player to slowplay against.

jrbick
08-26-2005, 12:33 AM
Yeah, I wanted to raise PF but I've been going by a ("the"??) handchart that I think my friend found on here (???) and it has you playing KTo way weak IMO... I just followed it though... will raise it in future

jrbick
08-26-2005, 12:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't get fancy in a 1/2 game play ABC against those fish. RAISE PREFLOP! isolate that limper / for value / for position. Raise this flop he won't think you have the K and there are other hands that will give you a lot of action ...this isn't a board or player to slowplay against.

[/ QUOTE ]

I aggree here... if I had raised it PF my standard play is to continue since a K is somewhat incognito given a PFR on the button... Raising this hand PF would have landed a good many more bets in my stack.

BUT... since I didn't raise PF I don't know if I could have done differently PostFlop... I was mostly hoping for someone to point out (in the face of the hand chart) to raise it PF... 6max isn't my regular.

whodaman
08-26-2005, 12:46 AM
i would raise the turn, they dont always lead the river if they have a busted draw or a ten and a higher card hits

imported_stealthcow
08-26-2005, 12:51 AM
dont read hand charts. make a post about what hands players isolate bad players with on the btn. experiment, but try not to be results oriented(very hard to do. but try out pushing the liits on what hands you isolate raise or play esp. in late position.)

i'll raise down to 55, A5, K9o QTo to isolate a bad player (60/10ish). however, i've notied that QTo is one of my biggest losers, so that may change. its important that you fold out the hands the blinds have, in this case a Q or J. in general, its a lot easier to maximize your play against a fish headsup then 3 or 4 way.

as for the slowplay, its cool. i mean you have to go by your read. some players will freeze up if you raise, others will 3bet a T there, or go crazy. you need to figure out what kind of player your opponent is, and adjust accordingly. at higher limits though you should raise. if the guy has QJ he's gonna go nuts when the A hits esp if you show strenght before he hits as he'll think he's made good.

stealthcow-