PDA

View Full Version : limp reraise 6 handed.

NYplayer
08-25-2005, 11:20 PM
any merit to limp reraising with AA or KK 6 handed? or do you need to raise since you raise with all other openers UTG 6 handed?

rigoletto
08-25-2005, 11:26 PM
Only if you also limp reraise other hands. It can be good for changing gears and allows you to openlimp with more hands.

Vagos
08-26-2005, 12:46 AM
I don't like it because if you never do it with other hands, it's going to kill your action post-flop(most of the time) when you do it with AA and KK.

kiddo
08-26-2005, 04:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Only if you also limp reraise other hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep.

In my normal 10/20SH it often goes like this: They limp UTG, I raise in LP, they 3bet. On flop they check, I check and preclick check/fold on turn.

Only time I limp strong hands are in SB against an aggressive BB that will autoraise if I just limp. 6SB in pot with best hand is a good start.

stoxtrader
08-26-2005, 09:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
any merit to limp reraising with AA or KK 6 handed? or do you need to raise since you raise with all other openers UTG 6 handed?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think there is. only in specific situations, and I'm not going to write about it here since i play against you guys all the time.

Hamlet
08-26-2005, 11:22 AM
This is key. Abdul had a whole pre-flop strategy laid out that depended on mixing in a number of other hands. If you're going to limp re-raise AA and KK, you also want to mix in the occassional AJs, JTs, 88, etc.

I would lean towards strong suited hands. I'd rather limp re-raise with AKs than AKo, because AKs plays well multiway, so it isn't as terrible to have it limp around.

[ QUOTE ]
Only if you also limp reraise other hands. It can be good for changing gears and allows you to openlimp with more hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

TStoneMBD
08-26-2005, 10:04 PM
i believe that any option in poker has potential to be a weapon skilled players can utilize. however, i think that limpreraising with hands here when you always open is a bad decision in almost all situations.

the only time i could find merit to this play is if you are in a game with players who isolate limpers but tend to coldcall more often than 3bet. in order for this to be profitable in this situation, its probably also important that they do not realize that you always open and never limp. if you are in an aggressive game where people's philosophy is 3bet or fold then you are losing value by not raising and limpreraising actually lessens your deception.

however, stox says there is merit to limpreraising short and i trust his opinion.

sthief09
08-26-2005, 10:21 PM
I asked the same thing (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=3240997&page=1&view=expan ded&sb=5&o=14&vc=1) ealier