PDA

View Full Version : Stock footage of obese people

Bigdaddydvo
08-25-2005, 10:16 PM
My second fat person post of the night.

Anyway, one of my favorite news quirks is when they deal with any story involving obesity, the cut away to neck down shots of fat people walking around. I have to wonder how a camera man gets that assignment.

"Ted, we have a hot mission for you"
"What's that?"
"We need you to walk around the city block and film neck down shots of fat people. You must not be noticed. Here, take these Double Cheeseburgers. Throw them in the direction of the fat person if your activity is compromised. Can you handle this."
"Yes?"
"Good luck and Godspeed"

sublime
08-25-2005, 10:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My second fat person post of the night.

Anyway, one of my favorite news quirks is when they deal with any story involving obesity, the cut away to neck down shots of fat people walking around. I have to wonder how a camera man gets that assignment.

"Ted, we have a hot mission for you"
"What's that?"
"We need you to walk around the city block and film neck down shots of fat people. You must not be noticed. Here, take these Double Cheeseburgers. Throw them in the direction of the fat person if your activity is compromised. Can you handle this."
"Yes?"
"Good luck and Godspeed"

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL!

"catching them smoking is a plus"

"C unt bellies are worth three points ted"

stanky
08-25-2005, 10:32 PM
I like to think that the fat people are at home stuffing their fat faces on the couch while watching TV. Then they say, "damn it not another obesity story", and just as they're about to change the channel they spot their ginormous ass and start to cry. /images/graemlins/smile.gif Man I'm mean.

youtalkfunny
08-26-2005, 02:51 AM
I can assure you that we fat people would be unable to pick our fat asses out of a lineup of asses.

We have no idea HOW fat we are. We know we're fat--but we don't realize HOW fat. I don't know what is happening inside our brains, but there is some sort of "denial dial", and in our case, it is turned up to ten.

I'm shocked--shocked!--every time I see myself in a mirror. That's every day. Tomorrow morning, I'll wake up, walk in the bathroom, see myself in the mirror...and be taken by surprise once again. I'm not joking.

And photographs are even worse.

Ever see The Simpsons where Robert Stack is doing the voice of a tough detective? He gets in Comic Book Guy's face and says, "Tell me what you know, tubby!"

Comic Book Guy, indignant, barks, "Who are you calling tubby?" He then looks down at his gut. His shoulders slump, and he says, "Oh."

chuddo
08-26-2005, 03:00 AM
"and ted, see if you can find one of those really fat babies."
"ok boss, i'll try."
"and i don't just mean some big baby. i want a fat little butterball. a baby with a look in his eye that just lets you know he, loves, to eat."

pearljam
08-26-2005, 03:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I can assure you that we fat people would be unable to pick our fat asses out of a lineup of asses.

We have no idea HOW fat we are. We know we're fat--but we don't realize HOW fat. I don't know what is happening inside our brains, but there is some sort of "denial dial", and in our case, it is turned up to ten.

I'm shocked--shocked!--every time I see myself in a mirror. That's every day. Tomorrow morning, I'll wake up, walk in the bathroom, see myself in the mirror...and be taken by surprise once again. I'm not joking.

And photographs are even worse.

Ever see The Simpsons where Robert Stack is doing the voice of a tough detective? He gets in Comic Book Guy's face and says, "Tell me what you know, tubby!"

Comic Book Guy, indignant, barks, "Who are you calling tubby?" He then looks down at his gut. His shoulders slump, and he says, "Oh."

[/ QUOTE ]

so true, good post.