PDA

View Full Version : KotZ hand

fnord_too
08-25-2005, 09:56 PM
When I get 4 bet on 4th, I figure villain, who is NOT a "Stud is stupid" player, has burried aces. My questions are:

Is the three bet on 4th silly? Should I have gone for a c/r (i don't like that since I am expecting villain to have just bricked, but stud/8 is not my forte)

Should I fold anywhere or has the pot gotten too big by the time I realize I have stepped in it? I am pretty sure of my read of aces at this point, so it is like she is playing with her cards up. On 6th I count 12 outs out of 35 unknows to take half the pot and I am getting 4.425:1 on the call. Also, an 8 may scoop it for me.

Tournament - 7 Card Stud High-Low - Level III (50/100), Ante 10, Bring-In 15 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.hta.txt))

Seat 1: 872
Seat 2: 854
Seat 3: 1,551
Seat 5: 1,943
Hero: 2,056
Seat 7: 1,780
Seat 8: 1,540

3rd Street - (1.40 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Seat 5: xx xx J/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Hero: 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif___raises___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif___raises
Seat 8: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/club.gif___brings-in___folds

4th Street - (5.70 SB)

Hero: 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___bets___raises___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif___raises___raises

5th Street - (6.85 BB)

Hero: 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif___checks___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets

6th Street - (8.85 BB)

Hero: 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif___bets

River - (10.85 BB)

Hero: 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif___checks
Seat 7: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif xx___checks

Total pot: 10.85 BB

jon_1van
08-25-2005, 10:07 PM
Why continue on 5th?

Why bet out on 4th?

fnord_too
08-25-2005, 10:13 PM
I bet on 4th because I thought villain had bricked on a three card low and I wanted to apply pressure since I thought I was ahead.

As to 5th, I don't know, that's one of my questions: is the pot now too big to fold now assuming my read of AA is correct or am I just being a bonehead by playing on?

mscags
08-25-2005, 10:42 PM
I would just call the reraise on fourth, fold fifth. Since you continued, bet on the river, You're pretty sture to get half the pot and although he probably wont fold, there is still some chance.

Andy B
08-25-2005, 10:57 PM
When the other guy raises on third, he's saying he has Eights beaten. I wouldn't bet on fourth, and I just might fold there, as your two-way possibility has been severely hampered. Fifth is a clear fold, I think. I also probably bet the river. He won't fold very often, if ever, but I don't see how it can cost you anything.

bigredlemon
08-25-2005, 11:03 PM
I agree with the above.

It's kind of funny how almost all the stud8 players almost always agree on what to do. I guess it is the most mechanical game of all. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Andy B
08-25-2005, 11:15 PM
Well, I think Omaha/8 is, but in stud/8 there are a lot of hands that can only be folded, and some that can only be bet or raised. I think there are fewer opportunities to be creative in stud/8 than in other games, but that those opportunities are very profitable indeed.

Bartholow
08-26-2005, 12:35 AM
I like the bet on 4th.