PDA

View Full Version : Limit Omaha - AQQJ

Burdzthewurd
08-25-2005, 09:55 PM
I know this should go in Other Games, but I figure I'd get better responses here (hey, the word "limit" is in pot-limit, you know)

Pokerroom 1-2 LIMIT Omaha (craziness) 7-handed

CO is on mega-tilt, just busted for $80 in the past 15 minutes (at 1-2!), caps anything preflop, can't fold any overpair, never folds preflop. He has rebought for a 3rd time and posts a blind.

Hero has AQQJ rainbow. Is this a good enough hand to try and isolate the CO, or should I just call and hope for a big wrap draw, straight, or set? Not too experienced in Limit, thought the only hands you really want to raise with are AAxx single-suited or better, big two pairs, big runners maybe.

UTG calls, 2 folds, CO raises, Hero 3-bets, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, CO calls.

Oops.

Acesover8s
08-25-2005, 10:33 PM
I've played a little bit of 20-40 Omaha hi live, and usually entered every pot with a raise or a reraise. Buying the button and taking the initiative seems pretty valuable to me. Also being perceived as a maniac while playing 20% of your hands while everyone else is playing 70% is fairly useful as well.

This is a damn fine isolating hand, and the good thing about Omaha is even if you don't succeed in isolation you don't really lose anything by picking up callers with a fine hand like this as long as you don't try to hammer everyone out postflop as the tilter will be (unless you hit).

Bartholow
08-26-2005, 01:03 AM
Aces has it right. Fine reraise preflop, don't get married to your hand because of it.

benkahuna
08-26-2005, 12:57 PM
I like the idea of isolating and agree with the other posters that even if you miss isolating, you're in good shape.

Burdzthewurd
08-26-2005, 03:12 PM
Alright cool, I did 3-bet preflop, but with the crazy nature of the game, 3 cold-called my raise, both blinds called, so did the maniac raiser.

FLop was QTT and I had 2 guys call me down /images/graemlins/smile.gif

08-26-2005, 06:07 PM
I have played a lot of Limit Omaha High (its more common than PLO here in Vegas /images/graemlins/frown.gif ).

I think 3-betting was called for in this hand with these players. However, it's tough to isolate anyone in this game. The fact that it is limit coupled with all the hand combos makes it hard to push bad players off any hand.

One of the things I do like about this game is that good post flop play is a must. If you are going to do any pre-flop rasing make sure you mix it up, too many players will only raise or re raise with AAxx hands. Big wraps play well in this game becasue you are likely to get the most action out of them.

FeliciaLee
08-26-2005, 06:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I know this should go in Other Games, but I figure I'd get better responses here (hey, the word "limit" is in pot-limit, you know)

[/ QUOTE ]
It belongs here. I am trying to get Mat to change the main index. That was written before we had any Omaha forums, and has never been changed.