PDA

View Full Version : For Law & Order fans ONLY:

Sooga
08-25-2005, 09:30 PM
Law & Order (the original, not one of the gazillion spinoffs) was famous for its many cast changes. Which of these casts did you enjoy the most? Note: Yes I do realize Orbach has passed away, I just didn't want to include the most recent cast, as I think it's really fallen off.

ldavidjm
08-25-2005, 09:33 PM
Anything with Sam Waterson....

Sooga
08-25-2005, 09:34 PM
definitely... my favorite character is waterston, and I really liked harmon and bratt, so S9 was the only choice for me.

Patrick del Poker Grande
08-25-2005, 09:34 PM
Angie Harmon

KDawgCometh
08-25-2005, 09:36 PM
I liked the Green and Briscoe pairing the most, but Briscoe and Logan was a good pairing too.Benjamin Bratt is too Wooden in everything he does, and Reynaldo Curtis was no different. I never really liked Greevy and Cerreta just wasn't around long enough for me to really get into him. I have always preferred Jack McCoy over over Ben Stone, and Claire Kincaid was his best AD IMO with Jaime Ross being the second best. Abby Carmicheal was just to pressing for me to like her(well, all, of the ADs have been hot, so that goes without saying) and Serena Sutherlyn always seemed to much up for a cause

season 5 was my choice

James Boston
08-25-2005, 09:48 PM
OK...I don't know real names, for the most part. I like:

Jerry Orbach
The guy from the T Rowe Price commercials
The hot blonde assistant DA

Were they all in a season together?

Sooga
08-25-2005, 09:50 PM
the only blonde ADA's been Elizabeth Rohm, who IMO has been the least attractive of the female ADA's.

fishsauce
08-25-2005, 09:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the only blonde ADA's been Elizabeth Rohm, who IMO has been the worst actress on television.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

For me, Orbach WAS the show, with Waterston and S. Hill tied for second.

Sooga
08-25-2005, 09:55 PM
Completely agree re: Rohm..... her first season there was so awful, I thought it was just first-season jitters. But after I saw her again in subsequent seasons, I realized that nope, she really IS that awful.

shant
08-25-2005, 09:57 PM
The one with Ice T.

James Boston
08-25-2005, 10:00 PM
http://www.karlsimone.com/celebritys/ElizabethRohm-02.jpg

C'mon...she's very bangable. Not a great actress, but attractive.

Sooga
08-25-2005, 10:02 PM
Ok, 'bangable' isn't exactly a ringing endorsement... when you have to compete with Angie Harmon, Jill Hennessey, and Carey Lowell, you're gonna be in 4th place a lot of the time.

James Boston
08-25-2005, 10:06 PM
Carey Lowell = 4th place. I won't argue about the other two.

Sooga
08-25-2005, 10:09 PM
I've always found her very attractive... not hot, per se, but attractive, definitely.

Klepton
08-25-2005, 10:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The one with Ice T.

[/ QUOTE ]

KDawgCometh
08-25-2005, 11:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The one with Ice T.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that's svu, and yea it kicks ass

Luzion
08-25-2005, 11:42 PM
Hard to decide which season is the best in Law & Order. Some of the really old episodes have very good twists. The one thing for sure is the newest episodes are the worst ever since Jerry Orbach(Lenny Briscoe) died. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

I would really like to know what is everyones favorite Law & Order spinoff. SVU, Criminal Intent, and Trial by Jury. And dont forget the "reality" Law & Order with real cases that they canceled after 2-3 episodes.

Rockatansky
08-25-2005, 11:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hard to decide which season is the best in Law & Order. Some of the really old episodes have very good twists. The one thing for sure is the newest episodes are the worst ever since Jerry Orbach(Lenny Briscoe) died. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

I would really like to know what is everyones favorite Law & Order spinoff. SVU, Criminal Intent, and Trial by Jury. And dont forget the "reality" Law & Order with real cases that they canceled after 2-3 episodes.

[/ QUOTE ]

My favorite spin-off is Criminal Intent, and it's not close.

ThaSaltCracka
08-25-2005, 11:58 PM
Orbach and Noth were BY FAR the best combo. Hennesy, while being both smooth and strong was a nice addition. Of course Waterson pwns. But anyone stating Orbach and Brat was better than Noth are [censored] stupid.

tubalkain
08-26-2005, 12:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

SVU. Although next season of CI may be better now that they have Chris Noth. TBJ was pretty much total crap, and IIRC its ratings dropped to 1/10 of what they were after Jerry Orbach's two episodes were aired. I'm confused about why NBC would be considering a TBJ relaunch as a possible midseason replacement for E-Ring should it fail. But then again, I've been anti-TBJ ever since the first episode's opening sequence made me think "Multiball!"

There was a "reality" thing that was actually part of the Law & Order franchise?

Rockatansky
08-26-2005, 12:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Orbach and Noth were BY FAR the best combo. Hennesy, while being both smooth and strong was a nice addition. Of course Waterson pwns. But anyone stating Orbach and Brat was better than Noth are [censored] stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely. Too bad that Orbach / Noth / Waterston / Thompson were not on the show at the same time.

Vagos
08-26-2005, 12:10 AM
I like Martin a lot more than Bratt(very flat character). Angie Harmon is head and shoulders above Rohm. I like the Season 11 cast best, can't believe I'm the only one who's voted for it thus far.

On another note, what's the deal with the DVD's. Is it just seasons 1-3 that is out right now?

ThaSaltCracka
08-26-2005, 12:13 AM
all you putz voting for 9 and 10 just because Harmon is on that one need to pull their hands off their Johnson's. She is not a good actress at all. This is just like saying you are Britney Spears fans.

maryfield48
08-26-2005, 12:29 AM
Season 5.

And BTW, Merkerson>Florek. Nothing against Florek, but the dynamic between Merkerson and Orbach, she a black woman conscious of the scrutiny of the higher-ups, aware of Orbach's flaws but also his strengths as a detective; and Orbach, the old dinosaur, having to report to a black woman must have taken some getting used to - this was never explicit (AFAIK), but consistent with the character, but also grateful that he was allowed to do his job, most of the time, the way he knew how.

Lenny will be missed.

Luzion
08-26-2005, 12:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
There was a "reality" thing that was actually part of the Law & Order franchise?

[/ QUOTE ]

I found it again. It was called Law & Order: Crime & Punishment. I remember I saw one or two episodes; basically a reality show for court cases. Not very good imo which is probably why it died so fast.

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0278250/

mmbt0ne
08-26-2005, 12:53 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
Hard to decide which season is the best in Law &amp; Order. Some of the really old episodes have very good twists. The one thing for sure is the newest episodes are the worst ever since Jerry Orbach(Lenny Briscoe) died. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

I would really like to know what is everyones favorite Law &amp; Order spinoff. SVU, Criminal Intent, and Trial by Jury. And dont forget the "reality" Law &amp; Order with real cases that they canceled after 2-3 episodes.

[/ QUOTE ]

SVU pwns. I'll take Munch, Tutuola, Benson and Stabler over any other 4 detectives.

I voted season 10.

youtalkfunny
08-26-2005, 01:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I like the Season 11 cast best, can't believe I'm the only one who's voted for it thus far.

[/ QUOTE ]

Respectfully, we can't believe anyone voted for a season that did not include Steven Hill. Waterson and Orbach have dominated this thread, but the numbers don't lie: Hill is having the biggest impact on this poll.

I love Senator Fred, but that accent has absolutely no place in the NY DA's office.

Did any of you younger guys know that before he started playing tough guys, Orbach (like Jimmy Cagney) started out as a song-and-dance man? Check out the soundtrack to "42nd Street".

...Manhattan babies don't sleep tight, until the dawn....

goofball
08-26-2005, 02:16 AM
the correct answer must include hill.

KDawgCometh
08-26-2005, 02:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I like the Season 11 cast best, can't believe I'm the only one who's voted for it thus far.

[/ QUOTE ]

Respectfully, we can't believe anyone voted for a season that did not include Steven Hill. Waterson and Orbach have dominated this thread, but the numbers don't lie: Hill is having the biggest impact on this poll.

I love Senator Fred, but that accent has absolutely no place in the NY DA's office.

Did any of you younger guys know that before he started playing tough guys, Orbach (like Jimmy Cagney) started out as a song-and-dance man? Check out the soundtrack to "42nd Street".

...Manhattan babies don't sleep tight, until the dawn....

[/ QUOTE ]

well, after Orbach passed, all of the broadway theaters for a week went dark at the begining of the shows for a small bit of time in honor of his memory.

I agree, Adam Schiff was so quintessentially NYC and harked to the old school NY politican. I respect Sen Thompson, but he does seem a bit out of place on the show

bernie
08-26-2005, 04:17 AM
I liked Harmon. I liked how her character was ruthless much like McCoy. More-so actually. She didn't take sh*t from anyone. I loved it in the episode where she said, "hang 'em all."

I also liked Hennesey. That was a classic run with her.

Orbach and Noth were real good. Green and Lenny were good also, imo.

However, I like many of the stories from the 1st few seasons regardless of who was in them.

All this with the fact I can't effing stand Adam Schiff.

b

chesspain
08-26-2005, 08:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I liked Harmon. I liked how her character was ruthless much like McCoy. More-so actually. She didn't take sh*t from anyone. I loved it in the episode where she said, "hang 'em all."

[/ QUOTE ]

Even better was the scene where Harmon confronts a suspected serial killer with a letter claiming that a body was found down in Texas which could be tied to him--even though you learn later that this letter was fabricated on some old letterhead she had from her previous job.

Getting him to confess to the crime(s) in New York by listening to her describe the rather A-B-C way in which killers go from arrest to execution in Texas was amazingly chilling.

cadillac1234
08-26-2005, 08:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
the only blonde ADA's been Elizabeth Rohm, who IMO has been the least attractive of the female ADA's.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this because she is a lesbian?

StevieG
08-26-2005, 10:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nicely done

Season 4. Angie Harmon was good, but Hennessey's Claire Kincaid is tough to beat. Waterson is very strong, but McCoy pisses me off with his overzealousness, so I take Moriarty's Stone. And Noth is the man.

Plus, season 4 had one of the best episodes, "American Dream" where Philip Swann, played by Ivanek (of Homocide), uses the discovery of a body to request a retrial, represents himself, wins, then goes after Stone personally.

BoogerFace
08-26-2005, 10:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Angie Harmon has no chest

[/ QUOTE ]

Rohm for sure. I love her umlauts.

http://www.101lifestyle.com/images/celebs/elisabeth_rohm/Elisabeth_Rohm-pics-002.jpg

TheWorstPlayer
08-26-2005, 10:50 AM
This is a very close call between seasons 5 and 9. Obviously cast must contain SW. Bratt and Noth are both pretty good although the edge definitely goes to Noth. The real differentiation comes between JH and AH. Personally, big AH fan. But JH is a better actress and was also smoking hot.

Sooga
08-26-2005, 11:00 AM
Yea, people talk about how wooden Benjamin Bratt is, and perhaps so, but I enjoyed his character more than Noth's, mainly because he brought more of a personal edge to him. His character seemed more 'real' to me.

ononimo
08-26-2005, 11:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This is a very close call between seasons 5 and 9. Obviously cast must contain SW. Bratt and Noth are both pretty good although the edge definitely goes to Noth. The real differentiation comes between JH and AH. Personally, big AH fan. But JH is a better actress and was also smoking hot.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is literally the EXACT reasoning i made when it came to choosing between 5 &amp; 9 ... freaky.

obviously you had to have SW and Hill. As good as Bratt was, Noth was the quintessial NYC cop. And although I think Harmon is sexier, Hennessey is the better actress and no slouch when it comes to looks.

ononimo
08-26-2005, 11:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yea, people talk about how wooden Benjamin Bratt is, and perhaps so, but I enjoyed his character more than Noth's, mainly because he brought more of a personal edge to him. His character seemed more 'real' to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

the episode with Julia Roberts is a classic in this regard ...

ononimo
08-26-2005, 11:03 AM
Rohm's face is very "meh".

KDawgCometh
08-26-2005, 02:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

god, that was out of nowhere and just one of the worst send offs that they have had. I just shook my head in disgust when she said that, maybe if they had hinted at it for a while, then it wouldn't have been so bad, but the only thing that they ever hinted at for a long time was that she was very liberal

cadillac1234
08-26-2005, 02:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

god, that was out of nowhere and just one of the worst send offs that they have had. I just shook my head in disgust when she said that, maybe if they had hinted at it for a while, then it wouldn't have been so bad, but the only thing that they ever hinted at for a long time was that she was very liberal

[/ QUOTE ]

Greatest send-off ever.

Whenever my wife is bitching at me over something I just bust out the, "Is this because I'm a lesbian?" line and it usually gets her laughing enough to stop.

WEASEL45
08-26-2005, 05:27 PM
bratt is so much better then noth its not even funny

StevieG
08-27-2005, 01:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

which part was better, the $3 haircut, the lame ass personal story arcs, or his preachy moralizing?

and nothing about Curtis was funny. did he crack a joke once on the show, or a smile that wasn't a smirk?

Logan was the man

mmbt0ne
08-27-2005, 01:26 AM

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Greatest send-off ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, no. That would be when Cabot got "killed" by the drug lord in SVU, but was actually put in to Witness Protection with her mother.

B Dids
08-27-2005, 02:02 AM
It has Munch. You cannot argue with a show with Munch.

H:LOTS &gt; * (wherein * != The Wire, which is clearly &gt; *)

shaniac
08-27-2005, 02:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Season 10 (Orbach/Jesse Martin/Merkerson/Waterston/Harmon/Hill)

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this Jesse Martin (http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&amp;n=40446) the famous poker player? Maybe there's more than one.

My vote went to season 9. Sort of the nuts.

ptmusic
08-27-2005, 05:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

which part was better, the $3 haircut, the lame ass personal story arcs, or his preachy moralizing?

and nothing about Curtis was funny. did he crack a joke once on the show, or a smile that wasn't a smirk?

Logan was the man

[/ QUOTE ]

Logan WAS the man.... Until he came out with that Law and Order made for tv movie that Chris Noth wrote. See it? It brought back Logan as a cop working on Staten Island, all the while hoping to get back into the game.

It sucked, and it forever tarnished the Logan character.

-ptmusic

p.s. this poll is missing the chubby white cop from the first season who kind of looks like The Commish/The Shield guy. And I don't think the current cast is that bad at all. The formula may be stale, but I like the cast. Also, Carey Lowell may not be the hottest (though she ain't bad), but I think she was the best actress.

StevieG
08-29-2005, 08:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Logan WAS the man.... Until he came out with that Law and Order made for tv movie that Chris Noth wrote. See it? It brought back Logan as a cop working on Staten Island, all the while hoping to get back into the game.

It sucked, and it forever tarnished the Logan character.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, missed that movie. But saw the Criminal Intent episodes that followed up on the same thread and enjoyed them. Looking forward to Logan being back (and Annabella Sciorra sweetens the deal).

[ QUOTE ]

this poll is missing the chubby white cop from the first season who kind of looks like The Commish/The Shield guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

George Dzundza, I think. Can't remember the character's name, but the hat was whack.

jakethebake
08-29-2005, 08:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Angie Harmon

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly correct.