PDA

View Full Version : 77 - Yes?

JoshuaD
08-25-2005, 08:37 PM
No reads on villian. I sat down about 2 orbits ago and he's done nothing interesting.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (4.20 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 5.20 BB

Redeye
08-25-2005, 09:30 PM
Against a complete unknown I have been starting to do the same, even in a steal situation. If it were only 1 broadway, I probably play on.

Catt
08-25-2005, 10:03 PM
I think this is fine against most players and particularly against someone on whom you have no post-flop reads. With a read on the player as a very aggressive stealer who doesn't make a lot of "moves" post-flop (somewhat rare breed) I can see betting the turn (folding to a raise) and ck-calling the river. In the latter line, you're essentially hoping his opening range is quite wide and he's capable of playing a FD / smaller PP as ck-cl, ck-cl postflop and then also hoping a river bet means a busted flush draw or a smaller PP. The alternative line is pretty expensive without a solid read (and then only marginally profitable with a solid read), and I'll tend to default to your play in this hand most often.

I have occassionally played the same PF and flop and check-raised the turn, but this is spewing against the vast, vast majority of players I encounter and is usually driven by hubris, ego, and drunkeness as opposed to any sort of reasonable handrange and read.