PDA

View Full Version : TJ in BB

stu-unger
08-25-2005, 08:30 PM
this hand came up a while ago and i have thought about it a lot since it came up. i rarely ever, well actually never slowplay anything but this was a special situation.

reads: villain was a way way too aggro. i had like 300 hands with him in which id seen him over play like 50+ hands. every PFR he made he made a pot sized continuation bet and another one on the turn. he would play strong hands fast too. he played out of the blinds way to aggressivly and tried to steal mine constantly. i would say he had the highest bluff frequency possible. he was the reason i was at this table.

4 handed .5 bb
villain/SB-~55
hero/BB -covers
dealt to hero 10 /images/graemlins/heart.gifJ /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Pre-flop: 2 folds, villain raises to 2, hero calls.

Flop (4): A /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif
villain bets 4, hero calls?

Turn (12): 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif
villain bets 12...

i guess i'd like to see how u guys would play this. assume theres about a 75+% chance that if we call villain pushes or pots this river. do we continue to slowplay or do we try to commit him, even though he probably has air here more than 50% of the time?

MINETZ
08-25-2005, 08:33 PM
raise pot on turn tryint to stack him seems good

jkkkk
08-25-2005, 08:37 PM
If hes aggro enough to bet the river hard enough with a mediocre holding, call-push.

stu-unger
08-25-2005, 08:41 PM
i think i posted this with too much info on this particular villain, because i know how to play it in this exact situation. i guess what im looking for is what to do against a semi-good LAG in this spot. ie a player whos not gonna spew on this river enough to make a smooth call profitable. im wondering if raising the flop or turn is better with position on someone who will take advantage of weakness.

Allinlife
08-25-2005, 08:42 PM
generally big mistake to slowplay broadway straight vs pfr because there are many cards that could kill your action

08-25-2005, 09:35 PM
If your fairly certain you can induce a bluff on the river, call. Personally, I like raising the flop. If he is as aggressive as you say, he may overplay his hand.

amoeba
08-26-2005, 12:44 AM
how about a flop minraise?

make it look like you have an ace looking for action.

if he has 2 pair, hes 3 betting and I don't think he is laying down AX.