PDA

View Full Version : Party 22: AQ UTG on the bubble with LAG leader in BB

Jackrabbit Slim
08-25-2005, 08:24 PM
This one might be as easy as I think, but I still had to take a few seconds before making up my mind. Now, the reason I hesitate a bit here is that the chipleader is BB and is VERY LAG. This means a push is likely getting called here with a wide range of hands, which usually means a 60/40 situation. The other reason is that the smaller stacks have been pretty tight, especially SB who is extremely tight. The problem with waiting to steal from the smallies is that Mr. Chipleader has been involved in most hands, raising almost all the time so there are not that many good situations for stealing anyway. I might be overthinking this though, easiest push in the world?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button (t650)
SB (t510)
BB (t5730)
Hero (t1110)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.

bluefeet
08-25-2005, 11:57 PM
Not a great feeling pushing surrounded by short stacks. But you're not so healthy yourself. A bit scary, but you just can't pass this up. You likely dominate a call from one of the desperate short stacks. Against big stack? Eh...you just have to gamble with a hand this good. Joining the "fold into the money" party is no way to go out.

bigt439
08-26-2005, 12:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Not a great feeling pushing surrounded by short stacks. But you're not so healthy yourself. A bit scary, but you just can't pass this up. You likely dominate a call from one of the desperate short stacks. Against big stack? Eh...you just have to gamble with a hand this good. Joining the "fold into the money" party is no way to go out in this particular situation .

[/ QUOTE ]

But it sometimes can be. Your post is bang on though.