PDA

View Full Version : AQ not enough here?

Roy6
08-25-2005, 08:23 PM
UTG seems to be LP, MP is postflop LAGgy, CO is 54/28/1.78. He is too aggressive with top pair. I haven't seen him capping preflop. (what about the preflop 3-bet with so many players already in?)

I don't know if it's good I checked the flop. I wanted to C/R him to get rid of the another villain and go into calldown mode if CO 3-bets.

With the other guy also staying, I don't really like my chances. I might be drawing dead to AA, or only have 2 outs against AK (other villain is likely to be on flush draw).

How would you play it?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (14 SB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (10 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero ???

Redeye
08-25-2005, 09:39 PM
I kind of like it up to the turn. I like calling the flop and seeing what the LP does. If he 3bets, you can fold the turn unimproved or if capped fold the flop. If he has an ace, its not gonna kill you if he hangs around, if he has a flush draw, he's not gonna fold to your 3bet anyways. On the turn I would try and c/r the LAG when the LP fails to bet again. If you're read on CO is right, then I think we're ahead here a lot.