PDA

View Full Version : A Semi-Value-Bluff

sthief09
08-25-2005, 08:03 PM
15/30 at turning stone last week

loose limper, pretty good, aggressive button raises, I call in the SB with 33, BB comes along

4 players, 8 bets

flop: A54r

checked to the button who bets, I call, the BB calls, limper folds

turn: blank

I bet

SmileyEH
08-25-2005, 08:52 PM
Did I play with you at all thief? I was the skinny white kid with blue sony headphones around my neck at all times. In this hand I'd make my move on the flop not the turn, if you're good you dont want the BB to peel with a hand like JT(or is he not that bad). I don't really understand the turn bet, but these games are so passive at least you'll rarely be raised here.

-SmileyEH

toss
08-25-2005, 08:55 PM
I'll try and figure one out. If you C/R the flop Button will figure out your play and 3-bet all too often?

And by donkbetting the turn you probably gain value from BB and Button is confused as hell? I don't really know.

08-25-2005, 09:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
15/30 at turning stone last week

loose limper, pretty good, aggressive button raises, I call in the SB with 33, BB comes along

4 players, 8 bets

flop: A54r

checked to the button who bets, I call, the BB calls, limper folds

turn: blank

I bet

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok I'll try another out of my limits.

So the turn bet isn't mainly in the expectation that he'll fold. It is possible though since his range is wide here with the loose limper. He would be folding hands like KT-KQ, maybe some lower pairs, etc. If he sees you as good then he may be thinking that you are wanting him to raise hoping to get a 3-bet in. And this... may get him to just call here even with an ace.

So the value-bluff is for a chance to get pot HU with BB, win pot outright now, or get past the turn for 1 bet while hiding your hand if you do hit on the river?

oreogod
08-25-2005, 09:33 PM
looks good. unless u want to CR the flop, but that could lead to a nasty situation being OOP against a good player (whether he has the ace or not)

davet
08-25-2005, 10:10 PM
I doubt that you would get any ace to fold, and and with a passive game, I doubt anyone that connected with the board will fold either..

I try value bet a bit, but the free card is good too. But with bottom pair, I would take the free card.

thejameser
08-25-2005, 10:20 PM
may have the best hand, may not but you have outs. and if button is a thinking player and you have played reasonable to this point a SnG is a nice mix. i like.

chief444
08-25-2005, 10:56 PM
Interesting line. I'd like it more if I thought there was a better chance of you actually having the best hand. Would you expect button to bet this flop with something like TJ-KQ? Do you think he's laying 66-KK down often here? If so, then I can see it. What about BB? He called the flop with something.

edit: Oh, and more importantly...do you think you get raised by an ace?