PDA

View Full Version : I'm completely lost...

kschellenger
08-25-2005, 07:35 PM
I cannot decide if I played this totally right on every turn or totally wrong on every street.
Unsupported site, sorry for the format.

Reads over 60 minutes (78 hands)
Seat 1: Plays a lot of hands but has folded or raised every time it has been completed on 3rd.
Seat 2: Typical TAG
Seat 4: Just sat down. No read.

5/10
Seat 1: XX XX A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif calls__calls
Seat 2: XX XX Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif calls__calls
Seat 3: XX XX 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif completes__calls
Hero : 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif raises
Seat 4: XX XX J/images/graemlins/heart.gif folds
Seat 7: XX XX 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif bring in__folds

I wanted to get seat 1 out with my raise. As I mentioned he had folded or raised EVERYTIME on 3rd. So when he called I became suspicious.

4th. ~9SB
Seat 1: XX XX A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif raises
Seat 2: XX XX Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/club.gif calls
Seat 3: XX XX 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif folds
Hero : (2/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif DOUBLE BETS__calls

5th st.
Seat 1: XX XX A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif bet__bet__call
Seat 2: XX XX Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/club.gif 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif calls__folds
Hero : (2/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif CHECK__raise__raise

6th st.
Seat 1: XX XX A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif raises
Hero : (2/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/heart.gif BETS__calls

7th
Seat 1: XX XX A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif (XX) raises__calls
Hero : (2/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/heart.gif (5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif) BETS__raises

any and all comments NEEDED

Roland
08-25-2005, 07:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Seat 2: Typical TAG

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Augustus3000
08-25-2005, 07:46 PM
Looks to me like he hit a diamond flush. and yours was bigger. I like your check raise on 5th but why if you thought he had the draw which i assume u did, didnt you reraise on 4th? I figure your still ahead with the two kings and he's on a draw, why not make him pay? Also then on sixth assuming the flush maybe a check was in order. this is a close hand, and u played it seemingly well, im just splitting hairs I think.

08-25-2005, 07:53 PM
I question your reraise on third. Did you forget you still have nothing, except A high? You really want more people in and not go heads up as you try to turn your nothing into a something.

Roland
08-25-2005, 07:59 PM
What’s the structure?

3rd:
Both raising and calling are okay, although I’d probably just call if this is a tight structure.

4th:
[ QUOTE ]
Seat 1: Plays a lot of hands but has folded or raised every time it has been completed on 3rd.

[/ QUOTE ]

I’m not sure I get this. You mean, he limped with a lot of crap but than folded or raised once someone completed? Strange way to play.
In any case, he’s trying to tell you he’s rolled. So you should probably just fold right there.

5th:
Yuck. Why on earth would you won’t to check-raise here? He’s done everything he can to try to tell you he has trip kings, let alone kings, beaten. You’re just spewing chips.

6th:
Well, he’s rolled, but that’s nothing new.

7th:
I think I’d check-raise and call a 3-bet. I definitely wouldn’t 3-bet myself.

Augustus3000
08-25-2005, 08:01 PM
have to admit i didnt think about rolled Aces. but now that you said that its a strong possibiliyt. But still, it looked like a flush to me the first time i saww it.

Roland
08-25-2005, 08:05 PM
Well, the OP didn’t tell us how well seat 1 was playing, but really, he would have to be pretty dumb to make that 4th street raise with a 4-flush. He is drawing, and an ace is probably not an out. He wants the other guys in. Diamonds are also pretty dead.
I can’t see a flush draw here.

Augustus3000
08-25-2005, 08:10 PM
on the end he only called thogh, saying either non improved trips or he did have the AQ flush right? plus ive seen lots of 2 4 players riase automatically on the small streets with 4 flushes.. any paired door cards etc. but youre probably right. Thats part of the weakness in my game, i always think what i could beat insteat of what i am beating or not.

Augustus3000
08-25-2005, 08:11 PM
i know this is 5 10... im not accustomed to that game. forgive me if my post is not relevant to this structure. i speak from 2 4 experience

Roland
08-25-2005, 08:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
on the end he only called thogh,

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I did see that, and it’s kind of confusing. But I didn’t want to base my analysis on that.

kschellenger
08-25-2005, 08:51 PM
Thanks for the posts guys.
Here's some more things for you:
Seat 1 has limped and folded to a completion. He has never (til this hand) simply called a completion.
The game isn't super tight. Usually 5 see 4th and 3 or 4 see 5th. Obviously this leads to a lot of showdowns.

On 3rd my raise was to get seat 1 out with the ace and see what seat 3 did.

On 5th I went with a check raise mostly to see where I stood. I hoped by representing trip kings I could get more value from a flush if it came.

kschellenger
08-26-2005, 02:07 AM
Seat 1 started with AAA but did not improve.
Hero won with A high flush.