PDA

View Full Version : Dammit! "Lucky" was not lucky for us poker players

Easy E
04-08-2003, 10:53 PM
Okay, the show was kinda cute, and may have potential, but did they REALLY have to make the degenerate gambler a PRO PLAYER? A Tourney Champ???

PLEASE!!!!!

Porcupine
04-08-2003, 11:17 PM
I agree.

I was hoping for a little more poker, but if Lucky is trying to give up gambling that may not happen.

I wonder if the show will attract a big enough audience to hang around? Putting a 1/2 hour show on at 10p seems a little strange to me.

zooey
04-09-2003, 12:24 AM
Did you guys catch the Ungar reference? When asked what he
was going to do with the mil he won, he shrugged and said "Lose it?"

Anyway, I thought it was a promising but shaky start. I'm going to stay tuned.

zooey

marbles
04-09-2003, 09:56 AM
Don't have too high of standards... Pilots are rarely any good, as the characters haven't yet been fully developed and a lot of the story lines are in the experimental phase. For example, the early Simpsons and Seinfeld episodes are almost unwatchable.

As compared to other pilots, I thought it was really good. The poker scenes were uber-cheesy and cliche, but the basic characters were comedy. The fat guy getting hit by multiple cars to raise $2500 was great.

I didn't realize that quote was Ungar's. Of course, I figured it was a little too sharp to come from a sitcom writer's pen, so it doesn't come as a surprise.

mrbaseball
04-09-2003, 10:49 AM
I think it has potential but I fear the poker content may always be skimpy.

I especially enjoyed the levels of thinking discussion prior to the sissors, paper, rock game. Personally (and many will disagree!) I think anything past about level 2 or 3 thinking is a total waste. But this was a pretty funny scene.

Fitz
04-09-2003, 04:52 PM
I'll keep watching, but it does make you wonder. What were these poker pros doing playing out of racks in the opening scene? Who was their technical advisor?

Good luck all,